Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Almost 15 Months Out-Progress Pictures-Exercise is Your Best Friend

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
So I am happy to report that I am almost 15 months out (2/3/18) and have been in maintenance for a while now. So far it has been easy. I love to run and strength train. It makes me feel strong. I think it helps make maintenance easier. I also have noticed a considerable amount of improvement in my loose skin due to exercising, especially around my knees. I am not embarrassed to wear shorts or skirts. I know it will continue to improve with continued exercise and good nutrition. I cannot stress enough how important it is to exercise. I think it makes a huge difference in toning and just overall being healthy.

Below are my progress pictures. Some loose skin but after losing 99 lbs on a 4'11" frame I think it is very, very minimal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jan283.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	203.4 KB 
ID:	27381

Name:	jan281.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	148.2 KB 
ID:	27382

Name:	jan282.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	27383

Name:	jan28.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	143.7 KB 
ID:	27384

And just for dramatic affect.....the big pants. LOL!! And when I wore these they were tight. They are the one pair I keep to remind me of where I have been and what I will never go back to. I even took a picture of the inner thigh material showing how my fat thighs were trying to rub a hole. LOL.

Name:	jan284.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	174.3 KB 
ID:	27385

Name:	jan285.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	191.0 KB 
ID:	27386

Name:	jan286.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	27387

Name:	jan2811.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	235.5 KB 
ID:	27388

AND.....I am also happy to report that I can fit into my HS cheerleading skirt. The weird thing is I only weighed about 96-98 lbs back then. OMG!! I am in so much shock right now. And I am loving the vast improvement of the way the skin on my knees look. Look at those gams baby!!

Name:	jan287.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	145.3 KB 
ID:	27390

Name:	jan289.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	27389

Hope you are all living your sleeved dream. Remember with hard work and following the rules you can and will be successful. You have to eat right and exercise. You have to make the most of this second chance. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Submit "Almost 15 Months Out-Progress Pictures-Exercise is Your Best Friend" to Digg Submit "Almost 15 Months Out-Progress Pictures-Exercise is Your Best Friend" to del.icio.us Submit "Almost 15 Months Out-Progress Pictures-Exercise is Your Best Friend" to StumbleUpon Submit "Almost 15 Months Out-Progress Pictures-Exercise is Your Best Friend" to Google

Comments

Great work!
    You are awesome! Great job!
    Well WOW~ I've been putting off going back because we're so busy -- best excuse? Nope. But classes Tue, Wed, Thu put a dent in the day.

I am determined! You are inspiring. I've got 13 lbs to goal, and really, considering my biggest weight was 240 and I'm at 142 today, and 65 years old, my skin is pretty good! But my strength is way down, and I want to roar along with you "I feel strong"!
    You Look FANTASTIC! Such a great inspiration.
    Quote Originally Posted by manzerick
    Great work!
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by WandaGettinFit4life
    You are awesome! Great job!
    Thank you so much. Loving the new me!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    Well WOW~ I've been putting off going back because we're so busy -- best excuse? Nope. But classes Tue, Wed, Thu put a dent in the day.

I am determined! You are inspiring. I've got 13 lbs to goal, and really, considering my biggest weight was 240 and I'm at 142 today, and 65 years old, my skin is pretty good! But my strength is way down, and I want to roar along with you "I feel strong"!
    You know we made a home gym in the garage. We have everything so it is hard to make an excuse not to do it because even when I am short on time I know I can go out there and do SOMETHING. I have decided I am a priority. My home gym is pretty amazing! The strength training makes me feel pretty bad ass!! You should totally do strength training. Roar with me baby!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SixtyPlus
    You Look FANTASTIC! Such a great inspiration.
    Thank you! My favorite compliment is from my surgeon who told me on my 1 year check up "You don't look like a weight loss surgery patient. And I mean that as a compliment. You are so fit and toned."
    You look amazing! I'm 5'1" and would like to lose 100 pounds, but would be happy with 70-80. You are my inspiration!
    Thank you so much for the inspiration!! Such a rockstar!
    Totes gorgeous xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita62
    You look amazing! I'm 5'1" and would like to lose 100 pounds, but would be happy with 70-80. You are my inspiration!
    Thank you Juanita. I was honestly not expecting to lose so much. Actually worried I wouldn't hit my goal of 120. But I followed the rules and made my fitness a priority and the weight came off.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    Thank you so much for the inspiration!! Such a rockstar!
    Thank you Jen! I really think having made my garage into my gym has been a HUGE help because I cannot find an excuse. It is right there. I don't even have to leave the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Totes gorgeous xxxx
    Thank you Gwenie-poo!!
    Christie, you look fabulous! But as a person obsessed with animals I have to point out how much I love the first picture of you in the jeans...the kitty arm sticking out from under the door. Hahahahaha!
    Look at you little cheerleader, you! <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina
    Christie, you look fabulous! But as a person obsessed with animals I have to point out how much I love the first picture of you in the jeans...the kitty arm sticking out from under the door. Hahahahaha!
    Hahaha!!! I was wondering if anyone would notice that. That is my cat Vinnie. I had to shut him in my closet to take the picture because he was jumping into all my pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Look at you little cheerleader, you! <3
    Hahaha. GOOOOO VSG!!!
    You look awesome !!! My surgery is scheduled for 2/20 and I am praying for those same great results. Keep up the great work . FYI - Love the cat paw under the door .
    Quote Originally Posted by TPartlow
    You look awesome !!! My surgery is scheduled for 2/20 and I am praying for those same great results. Keep up the great work . FYI - Love the cat paw under the door .
    Thank you! I do believe you can absolutely lose without exercise (though maybe not keep it off) having been newly sleeved BUT it is the exercise that will help the body look fit and toned. It is a vital part of not looking too hangy after extreme weight loss. I also think the other items I discussed are crucial as well. A good nutrition is huge. If you eat a lot of crap foods your body is malnourished but can actually start gaining weight back.
    Yes....my Vinnie is a nut. Always looking for attention. He wanted in all the pictures so I had to put him in the closet for a few minutes. LOL. He is a total attention whore. Hahahaha.
    Chrsitie, you look fantastic, well done. I hope after lose my weight I can look as good as you do. You are an inspiration. thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by elllie
    Chrsitie, you look fantastic, well done. I hope after lose my weight I can look as good as you do. You are an inspiration. thanks!
    Aww! Thanks Elllie! I am a firm believer it is all about hydration, good nutrition, and exercise!! You can totally do it! My loose skin has definitely improved with time.