Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Oh Yeah-Look What You Just Made Me Do-So Excited-Love My Sleeved Life

Rate this Entry
I am sooo very excited. So much good going on in my life. I have one more week left in my old department then I start training for my new job. I will be working as a First Party Injury Adjuster. I am really excited about my new role. I did find out who my new manager will be. I actually know her (sort of) because she was a friend of mines manager 2 years ago when I worked in a different department. Also, I already know 3 people who will be on my new team so that is exciting as well. So I am really super excited to get next week over with and start my new position.
Strength training!!!! I cannot express how much I am loving the results from the strength training workout plan I have been on. I started in December. I am going to post some progress pics in February some time. I can tell you that it is so incredibly noticeable. I love it!! I am so much stronger, firmer, and leaner. I feel so powerful. I also can now do a pull up from a complete hang. It is just one right now but I am going to build that up. I absolutely am so very proud of my pull up. Hahaha.
Also had a wonderful weekend last weekend with two friends I used to work with in the Netherlands. One of them lives here and I hang out with him and his wife pretty regularly. The other one now lives in Seattle and he flew in for a few days. It was such a wonderful fun filled weekend.
Still loving my Instant Pot. Makes healthy cooking a breeze and everything is so wonderful and tender. I am a bit addicted to using it. Hahaha. I am learning to spot tweaks I want to make due to my own personal preferences. Like if something has too much cumin. LOL.
I hope everyone is having an amazing new year and that your journey's are still on track and successful. Big hugs fellow sleevers and soon to be sleevers! I absolutely love my sleeve. Hope you are loving yours as well. Happy New Year! Happy New You!! Cheers to Health, Happiness, Success, and Sleeved Tummies!

Submit "Oh Yeah-Look What You Just Made Me Do-So Excited-Love My Sleeved Life" to Digg Submit "Oh Yeah-Look What You Just Made Me Do-So Excited-Love My Sleeved Life" to del.icio.us Submit "Oh Yeah-Look What You Just Made Me Do-So Excited-Love My Sleeved Life" to StumbleUpon Submit "Oh Yeah-Look What You Just Made Me Do-So Excited-Love My Sleeved Life" to Google

Comments

AWESOME!! and Congrats on the new position. I love your enthusiasm! The calorie burn from strength training and weights last long after the workout.
    Christie, you are a bundle of joy around here. Thank you so much for sharing all your enthusiasm and wins.

So happy for you and all your post-WLS weight-loss, maintenance, fitness, and other non-scale victories.

Isn't it amazing what a difference getting healthy and fit can mean to us!
    Hi Christie, as always thanks for the wonderfully upbeat and encouraging posts. Congrats to you! I know there are some that can feel discouraged at times and I think your story really can uplift them. I am just curious, what is your strength training workout consist of? I am doing a mix of cardio and strength but I really need to get a better routine. I was thinking of using a personal trainer again but I am not sure. I am definitely starting to be too soft with the weight loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by WandaGettinFit4life
    AWESOME!! and Congrats on the new position. I love your enthusiasm! The calorie burn from strength training and weights last long after the workout.
    I absolutely love strength training and how strong I feel. It is amazing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Christie, you are a bundle of joy around here. Thank you so much for sharing all your enthusiasm and wins.

So happy for you and all your post-WLS weight-loss, maintenance, fitness, and other non-scale victories.

Isn't it amazing what a difference getting healthy and fit can mean to us!
    Thanks Ann! I love this new sleeved life. I don't just want to be thin but I want to be strong and healthy. I will do everything in my power to achieve that. I love how easy the sleeve has made my fitness goals!! Woohoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by tracey111
    Hi Christie, as always thanks for the wonderfully upbeat and encouraging posts. Congrats to you! I know there are some that can feel discouraged at times and I think your story really can uplift them. I am just curious, what is your strength training workout consist of? I am doing a mix of cardio and strength but I really need to get a better routine. I was thinking of using a personal trainer again but I am not sure. I am definitely starting to be too soft with the weight loss.
    I posted it in the fitness forum. (You can see it there. Send me a PM if you can't find it.) It is a really great routine. I have a Marcy Home Gym that I bought off of Amazon and love it. I can do everything I need to do. And I also have dumbbells in various sizes, a treadmill, jump rope, bench, and exercise ball. There really is nothing I can't do in my garage. I also run outside but use the treadmill when it is super cold or hot.
    Strength training is a big key on the key chain of fitness!

Killing it lady!!
    Quote Originally Posted by manzerick
    Strength training is a big key on the key chain of fitness!

Killing it lady!!
    Totally agree! I think it has way more benefits than cardio although we need some cardio. And with the skin issues that we have as WLS patients I think the strength training is even more important. Not enough people are reaping the benefits of strength training.
    BOOM! Pull ups :-) xx
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    BOOM! Pull ups :-) xx
    Hell yeah!! I'm kinda a bad ass now!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Hell yeah!! I'm kinda a bad ass now!!
    Oh I know that! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Oh I know that! :-)
    Hahaha. I am always showing off my muscles to people.