Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shannon'sVSG

Dealing with the Frustrations of Food Textures

Rate this Entry
I have a rather odd question to ask you folks. it has been four months since I underwent VSG, and since that time, I have had a HUGE issue with the texture of certain foods (In particular meats).

It would seem that I am unable to eat most meats because the texture once it hits my mouth absolutely, and without question, grosses me out. It is so bad, that I need to expel the food immediately or I will suffer dire consequences.

I've tried not chewing it so much (an idea the PA at my old surgeon's office suggested), and I've tried chewing into even smaller pieces. It doesn't matter. The texture of said food will make me immediately ill if not expelled ASAP.

My question is as follows: are there any other VSG'ers out there who have had or are currently dealing with this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Submit "Dealing with the Frustrations of Food Textures" to Digg Submit "Dealing with the Frustrations of Food Textures" to del.icio.us Submit "Dealing with the Frustrations of Food Textures" to StumbleUpon Submit "Dealing with the Frustrations of Food Textures" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've been okay Shannon but I can imagine and i would say dont eat it! What about fish? Seafood? Maybe that would be better. Its funny how our tastes change isn't it and texture can be weird. I have never been able to eat peanut butter because its like fur to me!!!
    How are you setting in your new place? hope all is going well and you've finished your unpacking!!! That's the worst bit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    I've been okay Shannon but I can imagine and i would say dont eat it! What about fish? Seafood? Maybe that would be better. Its funny how our tastes change isn't it and texture can be weird. I have never been able to eat peanut butter because its like fur to me!!!
    How are you setting in your new place? hope all is going well and you've finished your unpacking!!! That's the worst bit!
    Hi Edie!

I've tried fish-related foods, and unfortunately, the flakiness of it all causes problems for me. I have NO IDEA why this is happening, but as previously stated, this has been going on since my surgery date and it is an ongoing frustration for me.

My wife and I are settled in and getting along nicely. Thank you for asking. I am still in the process of finding a PCP and other such doc's, but I have faith that once all of the new insurance information arrives, I will be able to move forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon'sVSG
    Hi Edie!

I've tried fish-related foods, and unfortunately, the flakiness of it all causes problems for me. I have NO IDEA why this is happening, but as previously stated, this has been going on since my surgery date and it is an ongoing frustration for me.

My wife and I are settled in and getting along nicely. Thank you for asking. I am still in the process of finding a PCP and other such doc's, but I have faith that once all of the new insurance information arrives, I will be able to move forward.
    Oh that's annoying, i wonder what it is with textures! Maybe it will change again. Good luck with finding ace doctors and let us know how you get on :-)
    I found this journal article that may help explain what's happening (and help you know you're not alone!) http://bariatrictimes.com/taste-chan...of-their-food/
    Oh that stinks. I have not had any issues. Sorry to hear you are having issues.