DesertGal

10 months Post Op

Rate this Entry
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jan17vsJan18collageDATEScropped.jpg 
Views:	466 
Size:	214.4 KB 
ID:	27350

It's almost 10 months since surgery and I am still doing very well, sticking to my new normal.
Don't get me wrong, there are times I WANT something I normally do not eat anymore and I will give in and eat a few Town House Flatbread Crackers because I refuse to feel like I am on a diet. I know how many I can eat without going berserk and once I have a few crackers, that's it. (Unlike the OLD days where I could polish off a box in one sitting.)

I am walking daily outdoors still (we have had NO winter yet), jogging indoors on the treadmill we got for Christmas, and I am at Zumba dancing away 4 days a week. Had someone told me I would be doing this one year ago... I'd ask what you had been sniffing.

I am proud of myself for following through on this surgery and not giving up. I won't say it's been a cake walk, by NO means. There were times I was frustrated with things and had to adjust to the new way of eating and drinking, but it's a learning experience. I can not really eat much red meat anymore: it just doesn't go down right, or agree with me. Even cooked tender is a NO GO. Chicken is about all I can handle and it has to be super moist. And the Italian in me had to say goodbye to my sausage I always added into sauce. I avoid pasta pretty much because of the carboholic in me... I would want more and I don't need to eat those carbs. But I have discovered ground turkey and ground chicken with a tad of teriyaki sauce, occasionally, stir fried with coleslaw and seasonings.... it's good. And I just began eating Tofu... with my pasta sauce it's a tasty dish.

But being 102 pounds lighter and 5 and 6 dress sizes smaller has been a joy! I bounce from 165 lbs. to 168 lbs and I am MORE than fine with that. Size Medium tops (compared to 2x and 3x tops) is one of those pinch-myself-moments.

The picture above is from January 2017 VS January 2018. What a wild ride this has been.

Submit "10 months Post Op" to Digg Submit "10 months Post Op" to del.icio.us Submit "10 months Post Op" to StumbleUpon Submit "10 months Post Op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow! Congratulations. Thanks for sharing your story.
    thats awesome congrats thats wonderful success story!!
    Congrats Lori! You look awesome. I too will eat what I want. In moderation! That is what life is about. Eating right most of the time but allowing yourself other things in moderation. And you are lucky no winter. Texas is screwing with us. It has been an exceptionally brutal winter. We've dipped down to the teens, had snow, had an ice storm. My work had had one day of closure and a delayed start one day. That does NOT happen here in Texas. LOL. I have to wear thermal pants under my jeans since I am not insulated like I used to be. LOL. Hugs!
    You look AMAZING! Have you tried seafood, some yummy salmon is so much easier on my tummy than any meat. Or scallops, shrimp, ahi tuna, any fish. I also love chicken in the crock pot all day with Sweet Baby Ray's buffalo sauce. When it's finished dump the sauce, and you have the most tender, melt in your mouth, slightly spicy chicken. Delicious!

Where do you live without winter? It's even cold/snowy in the south where it is never cold/snowy!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    You look AMAZING! Have you tried seafood, some yummy salmon is so much easier on my tummy than any meat. Or scallops, shrimp, ahi tuna, any fish. I also love chicken in the crock pot all day with Sweet Baby Ray's buffalo sauce. When it's finished dump the sauce, and you have the most tender, melt in your mouth, slightly spicy chicken. Delicious!

Where do you live without winter? It's even cold/snowy in the south where it is never cold/snowy!
    We JUST had the Sweet Baby Ray's over chicken in the crock pot last week. My family had them on hoagie rolls. I tossed it in a spinach salad and added 1/2 tbs of sweet baby rays to 1 tbs of light hidden valley ranch dressing. It was GOOD! I can eat tuna and tilapia pretty well, but the smell of the fish gags me for some reason.
    We are in Las Vegas, NV. It's been in the 60s all of January and come to think of it, December was about the same. UNREAL! We are due to have a dip in temps tomorrow and Saturday I think they said with lows in the upper 30s and high around 57 degrees. I think that will be it for our winter here. Not good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Congrats Lori! You look awesome. I too will eat what I want. In moderation! That is what life is about. Eating right most of the time but allowing yourself other things in moderation. And you are lucky no winter. Texas is screwing with us. It has been an exceptionally brutal winter. We've dipped down to the teens, had snow, had an ice storm. My work had had one day of closure and a delayed start one day. That does NOT happen here in Texas. LOL. I have to wear thermal pants under my jeans since I am not insulated like I used to be. LOL. Hugs!
    Moderation, yes! The key!
    Yes, you guys in Texas are really having a crazy, CRAZY winter! This whole winter so far has been all over the place. My sister and her husband (who are runners)just went to Florida for a Disney marathon and she said it was in the 20's when they got up at 3 am to go. She looked like she should have been in Utah skiing somewhere instead of Walt Disney World. I never made it to my Happy Hour Marathon a couple weeks ago (would have been my FIRST one), BUT, I signed up in April for a FOAM GLOW run (looks like A LOT OF FUN.... messy too.) I'm jogging on the treadmill for practice now.
    Congratulations to you, DesertGal. You've done so very well. And you look smashing.

My bet is that (like most of us) eventually you'll be able to eat anything. But these are the days you can build the discipline all WLS patients need to be successful long-term, whether that's limiting the volumes of food you eat, the types of food you choose, unpacking and resolving any comfort-eating issues you might have, or all of the above and maybe more.

What an adventure this is, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Congratulations to you, DesertGal. You've done so very well. And you look smashing.

My bet is that (like most of us) eventually you'll be able to eat anything. But these are the days you can build the discipline all WLS patients need to be successful long-term, whether that's limiting the volumes of food you eat, the types of food you choose, unpacking and resolving any comfort-eating issues you might have, or all of the above and maybe more.

What an adventure this is, eh?
    This has been an adventure I am glad I embarked on. It 's been a real learning experience each and every day.
    Congrats!!!! I have to take super enzymes with hcl and pancreatin to eat meat but it helps with anything I eat. I was losing too much weight so taking these helps me to eat protein and keep my weight in check.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGal
    Moderation, yes! The key!
    Yes, you guys in Texas are really having a crazy, CRAZY winter! This whole winter so far has been all over the place. My sister and her husband (who are runners)just went to Florida for a Disney marathon and she said it was in the 20's when they got up at 3 am to go. She looked like she should have been in Utah skiing somewhere instead of Walt Disney World. I never made it to my Happy Hour Marathon a couple weeks ago (would have been my FIRST one), BUT, I signed up in April for a FOAM GLOW run (looks like A LOT OF FUN.... messy too.) I'm jogging on the treadmill for practice now.
    Yes those foam runs look like so much fun. I want to do one!