Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sammiann812

Getting Started Again.

Rate this Entry
I am getting myself geared up to go through the pre-requisite process for the Sleeve again, Let me explain what I mean by again.

I was cleared for surgery pending blood work, I did the nutritionist visits, exercise classes, meetings with psychiatrist, and Dr. I was finishing up the blood work when it all came to a halt.

My Aunt went in for the surgery and had severe complications.

she went home the following day like normal however 2 days post op she is taken to the emergency room in severe pain they giver her pain meds and tell her its normal. 4 days post surgery she is rushed back to the ER and they check her in she has emergency surgery she has become septic, they do the surgery to fix everything clear out all the infections and what not. she is stabilizing..... now we are on surgery #2... one day post op she is still spiking fevers, BP is spking, and O2 is dropping they take her in for all kinds of scans stomach is still leaking, they try a second surgery.... long story short she was in the hospital for a total of 10 weeks and 1 month in rehab and had a total of 3 surgeries to stop the leaking.

All of this made my fears of surgery come true and 100% worse than what i thought.

it has been several months now she is doing great and I am reconsidering restarting the process.

I joined this group for support and feedback hoping once I speak with a surgeon and they address my concerns that I will be 100% ready to take the leap back into it!!

Submit "Getting Started Again." to Digg Submit "Getting Started Again." to del.icio.us Submit "Getting Started Again." to StumbleUpon Submit "Getting Started Again." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow hate to hear that about your Aunt. Im sure this is few and far in between.I had the surgery back in March and I would do it again. It's hard work but so worth it.
    Roger
    Quote Originally Posted by rcupps@sbcglobal.net
    Wow hate to hear that about your Aunt. Im sure this is few and far in between.I had the surgery back in March and I would do it again. It's hard work but so worth it.
    Roger
    Thank you for you kind words and I am Glad to hear you are doing well with it!! I am hoping hearing the positives again will get me geared up to go!!
    Wow, that's horrible. I wonder what the statistics of something like that happening are, I would assume they are very low. So happy she's better! Good luck with your decision, I think you will be very happy with the sleeve!