Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

simplyseahorse

Waves of disappointment

Rate this Entry
HaHa I just looked back at my last blog post about how things were about to start happening to me now! That was in November. That was right before things stopped happening as far as progress in my bariatric services office. If I can offer one little morsel of advice above all others - DO NOT rely on anyone to verify your insurance, make appointments, follow up on labs - NOTHING! Give yourself a time limit - wait 3 days, then call yourself. I would be a month into recovery if I had done this because someone at the office dropped the ball. By the time I got approved on December 22, my surgeon did not have any openings before the end of the year.

New year, new insurance because my company changed carriers, so now I need 6 months of classes instead of the 3 I previously needed. I could have been so much further along on this journey - but I guess I need to be grateful at least that this insurance does cover the procedure.

Like I said, the most important thing I can tell anyone going through this process is to DRIVE it yourself, don't let anybody else be in control of your destiny.

Submit "Waves of disappointment" to Digg Submit "Waves of disappointment" to del.icio.us Submit "Waves of disappointment" to StumbleUpon Submit "Waves of disappointment" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

So sorry to hear, I know you are anxious to get this show on the road. The only positive here is you HAVE insurance, so that's something to be thankful for. I had a strict "no bariatric surgery" clause in my school district's Blue Cross/Blue Shield policy.
    Good advice! I had a long drawn-out process and almost didn't make it to get my surgery done in 2017. Ask questions about everything. I did the same tests like three times and believe me, I paid for it. All-in-all, with my insurance, I ended up paying out of pocket about $9,000 and if they hadn't squeezed me in when the did, I'd be starting all over again paying that same $9,000. I didn't get my approval until November. DRIVE IT YOURSELF...more truer words have never been spoken. You think that starting in January you have so much time, but believe me...they (insurance and doctors) can find ways to stall. Hope things go more smoothly for you from here on out.
    Bummer. But your time will come xx
    Boo. That is so crappy. I know I always tell people the same thing. I know I had to mention things a few times to ensure I was meeting all my insurance requirements.