Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Christmas Delight-Instant Pot Yum-So Freaking Easy

Rate this Entry
So I have been wanting an instant pot for a while. I was debating on whether it was worth it or not. Finally decided I definitely wanted one. So put it on my list to Santa to make sure I got one. I was very specific on the model, too. Just to make sure Santa got the right one. Funny thing is in my old age I make sure to ask for what I want. So I got one...I was so "surprised". LOL. But it has sat here since Christmas until I had time to read up on it today and join a FB page about using it.
So I busted it out. Did the water test. Scrolled through recipes. Decided I did not want to do some basic recipe like soup so decided to try a pot roast. I followed the instructions and set it to cook. When it was time to get it out I was super nervous. I was fully prepared to order out in case it was an epic fail. (I have read several stories on epic fails.) So the good news is that it came out perfectly and it was so easy. Tasted way better than the crock pot recipes for pot roast. My husband loved it. I am so excited about trying future recipes. Possibilities seem endless. I think the part that makes it so exciting is that I can throw in frozen meat and still get dinner cooked pretty quickly. I sometimes forget to defrost stuff and then we have to scramble to figure something else out or go out to eat.
And in case your wondering, my other awesome Santa gifts were a Karaoke machine with discs, a pink exercise jump rope, and some cowboy boots. Santa is the best gift giver!

Submit "Christmas Delight-Instant Pot Yum-So Freaking Easy" to Digg Submit "Christmas Delight-Instant Pot Yum-So Freaking Easy" to del.icio.us Submit "Christmas Delight-Instant Pot Yum-So Freaking Easy" to StumbleUpon Submit "Christmas Delight-Instant Pot Yum-So Freaking Easy" to Google

Comments

Wow! Well done. You've been really good this year, lol.
    Cooking with the instant pot will make life easier for you. My daughter in law
    has one and absolutely loves it.
    Cowboy boots too! Yeehaa!
    So how is it different than a crock pot? Faster cooking?
    I got one for Christmas too and I absolutely love it. I have made shredded chicken in it a couple of times and chili. I have also pinned a lot of recipes on Pinterest. You are right, the possibilities are endless. My next recipe I am trying is mashed potatoes and meatloaf (made with ground turkey).
    OMG you did buy it! I must admit I did have a sneaky look and thought it might be quite good. Then I did complain about cupboard space and immediatly bought a vitamix because it was on sale LOL!! sounds good, I'm keen to know what else you make in it :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanious
    Wow! Well done. You've been really good this year, lol.
    Cooking with the instant pot will make life easier for you. My daughter in law
    has one and absolutely loves it.
    Cowboy boots too! Yeehaa!
    So far I have done two things and both were fantastic. Super easy so far. I cannot wait to try more things. Like dinner is done but I just want to cook something else to see how it comes out. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    So how is it different than a crock pot? Faster cooking?
    Way faster cooking. I did a pot roast in 2 hours. It was way more tasty than when I do it in the crockpot. Also, it allowed me to brown the meat first in the instant pot on the sauté setting then switch it over to pressure cooker. It was freaking amazing. If you wanted to ditch your crockpot and rice cooker you could since it does both. You can also cook a cake in it in a reduced amount of time. I did ribs tonight. They were spot on. Much tastier than in a crockpot. I will let you know more benefits as I use it. One thing for me is that I can take frozen chicken out and throw it in and have dinner in less than an hour. Can't do that with a crockpot. If you forget to start a crockpot before you leave then you are just out of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by tracey111
    I got one for Christmas too and I absolutely love it. I have made shredded chicken in it a couple of times and chili. I have also pinned a lot of recipes on Pinterest. You are right, the possibilities are endless. My next recipe I am trying is mashed potatoes and meatloaf (made with ground turkey).
    I joined a FB group so I am scouting recipes. I am so excited. The first thing I tried I was nervous but it really is totally easy. I know this is going to be my new favorite dinner helper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    OMG you did buy it! I must admit I did have a sneaky look and thought it might be quite good. Then I did complain about cupboard space and immediatly bought a vitamix because it was on sale LOL!! sounds good, I'm keen to know what else you make in it :-)
    It is totally worth it. I am wondering why I waited so long to get one. I just LOVE it!!
    I got one too! Still in the box (we sent on vacation for the holidays) so this is the week I'm taking it out & giving it a spin. Now you have me really excited. I'm good at freezing but not so good at thawing in time so that sounds like a huge help.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHB
    I got one too! Still in the box (we sent on vacation for the holidays) so this is the week I'm taking it out & giving it a spin. Now you have me really excited. I'm good at freezing but not so good at thawing in time so that sounds like a huge help.
    Tonight I made soup because my allergies have me feeling blah but tomorrow I am taking the plunge with some frozen chicken. I will let you know how it turns out. I used You Tube videos to do the "water test" and I joined 2 FB pages for recipes and to seek advice. I have found them to be very helpful. I think you will love it Dale!