Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sweetpea903

Day One Pre-op- Celery, Cheesecake and My Chooch

Rate this Entry
I love celery. Well, maybe 'love' is a strong word for it, but it's usually my first choice on a veggie platter. Thing is, I had a feeling that I'm going to be eating more celery that i can handle.

Today is my first pre-op day. Seven days of nothing but protein shakes and raw veggies ONLY IF REALLY NEEDED. I'm going to go crazy, y'all. Downright insane.

I chose to use the Naturade Total Soy Meal Replacement shakes in chocolate. To be completely honest, I LOVE IT. I blend it with soy milk (regular milk makes me gassier than a hot air balloon). They do not, however, fill me up.

So...we're back to celery. And raw mushrooms. And I bought some sugar snap peas at Costco. And SOMEBODY SAVE ME.

It's 6pm CST and I gave up. I'm drinking 8oz of organic bone broth. It has 40 calories and .5 grams of fat, but 9 grams of protein per serving. I'm rationalizing, which is the first of many, MANY issues which led me to this place to begin with. I can rationalize ANYTHING. Clearly it's ok to eat 5 mini snickers bars because it's Arbor Day! Or maybe I'll celebrate changing the toilet paper roll with a piece of cheesecake, lol.

I exaggerate, of course...but not by much.

My nose is running, I have a headache, I'm FREEZING and I've been to the bathroom so often that my chooch is raw. It's times like this that i need that little push to remind me why I'm doing this. I *could* hang a sexy dress on my refrigerator, but i know my kids will end up using it as a hand towel (who am i kidding? My kids don't use hand towels).

Anyhow, thanks for reading. I'm going to use this blog as a diary of my experience...my place to vent and ruminate and fantasize about oreos.

I finished my first post...I guess that means I've earned a carrot.

Submit "Day One Pre-op- Celery, Cheesecake and My Chooch" to Digg Submit "Day One Pre-op- Celery, Cheesecake and My Chooch" to del.icio.us Submit "Day One Pre-op- Celery, Cheesecake and My Chooch" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day One Pre-op- Celery, Cheesecake and My Chooch" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It is hard on the all liquid diet. Luckily my pre op was different. I had 6 days of 2 shakes and one healthy meal of meat and veggies. Then 3 days of full liquids. It will get easier as you go. If you want to try another good milk especially for gastric patients there is Fa!rlife milk. It has extra protein and is lactose free. It tastes great, too. And I had to LOL about your raw cooch. Sounds like some shit I would say. Hahaha. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    It is hard on the all liquid diet. Luckily my pre op was different. I had 6 days of 2 shakes and one healthy meal of meat and veggies. Then 3 days of full liquids. It will get easier as you go. If you want to try another good milk especially for gastric patients there is Fa!rlife milk. It has extra protein and is lactose free. It tastes great, too. And I had to LOL about your raw cooch. Sounds like some shit I would say. Hahaha. Good luck.

Thanks, Ms. C .

Iíve heard of Fairlife and Iím 99% sure itís available at my grocer. I just happened to be at Costco today, so I grabbed the soy milk they had there just to be sure that I had SOMETHING in the house. Itís 8pm now and I just finished my 4th shake for the day, as directed. I actually donít feel hungry, but weíll see if I wake up in a few hours because the feathers from my pillow are stuck in my teeth 😂.
    HAHAHA you're so funny lol. Up the water to get rid of the headaches. my preop was 3 protein shakes a day and water. I had the worst headache by day 2! Drink more water :-)
    You're having the stitches sleeve right? The endoscopic one? My friend just recently had it and has lost 9 kilos so far and is very jolly pleased. Good luck and I will enjoy reading your blogs LOL :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    HAHAHA you're so funny lol. Up the water to get rid of the headaches. my preop was 3 protein shakes a day and water. I had the worst headache by day 2! Drink more water :-)
    You're having the stitches sleeve right? The endoscopic one? My friend just recently had it and has lost 9 kilos so far and is very jolly pleased. Good luck and I will enjoy reading your blogs LOL :-)
    Well thank you . I hope I can keep you laughing!