Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

2018 is starting out fabulously!

Rate this Entry
So as many of you know, I interviewed for a promotion at work a while back. Didn't get it but it was great to be interviewed since they only interviewed 25 out of over 250 applicants. There are more positions opened so I applied again. Today I got an instant message to contact the hiring manager. I figured she had a question regarding something on my resume. Instead she told me that I did not need to interview and that they were offering me one of the 11 positions that are opened this time. Naturally I accepted the position. I was told I could tell my manager but no one else since they are just know interviewing for the other positions. So I cannot announce it officially at work until the other people are interviewed and selected. I start on February 5th. I am sooooo very excited. My manager was so happy. He has been super supportive through the whole process and was bummed when I did not get the promotion. He truly believes in my abilities and was shocked when I did not get it.
So I have also been following a really great strength training routine from a friend who was a personal trainer. I have been doing it for a few weeks now. I can totally see more definition in my muscle tone, my skin tightening up, and my body is getting leaner and stronger. I am so happy with the results. I know it is only going to get better. I will post a picture in another month to show off my results.
I have been busy the last couple of weeks with my son here and the holidays. I just wanted to wish all of you lovely sleevers a Happy New Year and a Healthier YOU!!!!

Submit "2018 is starting out fabulously!" to Digg Submit "2018 is starting out fabulously!" to del.icio.us Submit "2018 is starting out fabulously!" to StumbleUpon Submit "2018 is starting out fabulously!" to Google

Comments

Whooooppppppp I knew your time would come :-) xxx
    Congrats to you!
    I'm so happy for you that you were selected for this new position.
    I love your attitude and your tenacity, persuing your personal goals.
    You're doing great!
    Btw, how old is your son?
    Congratulations! You're definitely on a roll. Thanks for being such an encouragement to us newbies.
    Congratulations!! What a way to start of the new year!
    That's a great way to start the year, Christie. Congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Whooooppppppp I knew your time would come :-) xxx
    After the feedback from the last interview I knew I would get it but had no idea that they would forego the actual interview. I was pretty dang happy when they told me!
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSleeve
    Congrats to you!
    I'm so happy for you that you were selected for this new position.
    I love your attitude and your tenacity, persuing your personal goals.
    You're doing great!
    Btw, how old is your son?
    Thank you! I am on a mission to be super fit and toned. And I am loving the changes in my body. My son is going to be 20 at the end of the month. He is my oldest. When he is done with college he has promised he will move back here to get a job. He is a mama's boy. My other kids are 16, 14, and the youngest will be 12 in Feb. (The 2 middle ones both have December birthdays.)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHB
    Congratulations! You're definitely on a roll. Thanks for being such an encouragement to us newbies.
    Awww thanks. I am so excited about all my fitness goals for this year and about the opportunity to start this new position. I am very lucky to have been promoted 2x in just 2 1/2 years with my company as it is a very competitive company.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    Congratulations!! What a way to start of the new year!
    Thanks Jen!! I am feeling like Wonder Woman!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    That's a great way to start the year, Christie. Congratulations.
    Thank you Ann!! It was like a late Christmas present.
    Congratulations!!! What a way to start out the new year!!
    Quote Originally Posted by astallons
    Congratulations!!! What a way to start out the new year!!
    Thank you so much. I worked hard for this promotion. I have been promoted quickly so I cannot complain but I am not always the most patient person. LOL. So this was a wonderful surprise to not have to go through the interview process and wait to find out!