Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Stacey03

8 weeks post op update

Rate this Entry
Hallo Possums,
So 8 weeks post op already! The time flies doesn't it?!
Well so far I've lost around 14kg so around 30 pounds. Hurrah! I've got about 9kg to go to my first goal weight and then I might choose to drop another 5kg. But regardless it is all wonderful and fun and it has got so much better week by week.

As I've said in the past the first few weeks are a bit up and down and the tiredness is gahhhhhh, but it improves and i have felt a lot more energy of late. I've even done a few baby delivering shifts to keep me busy!
I'm back out running and boy do I feel it after those few weeks off. I'm taking it slow especially as it is HOT here in Queensland at the moment so I drink heaps of water daily. I'm also going back to crossfit so I will want to die LOL!

I can eat anything now, I tend to have scrambled egg in the morning and chicken at lunch and fish or seafood in the evening. I put the odd salad leaf with it but it is still quite hard to fit anything but the protein in. I still have a protein shake too as I found a low carb and low sugar one which isn't at all sweet so hurrah. I'm off to Thailand in about 3 weeks so i think I will just take some Protein powder and a shaker and i should be able to find some food, I'm a fan of Thai food and chilli but I'll see how my tummy goes. I always eat vegetarian when I'm overseas generally but I'm wondering whether I will this time. I made that decision after spending a night on a bathroom floor in Vietnam telling someone to get me a gun!!! Food poisoning is no fun, I don't fancy it with the sleeve, maybe I will take plenty of protein powder!!! I'm only popping over for a quick 6 nights so I can survive!
I'm sure it will all work out! Any ideas?

I'm actually pretty good. I do remember feeling that i may never feel the same again in those first few weeks, so if you are in that stage, do not fear!!! Everything changes weekly or daily. This is such a good decision you have made for your health, keep looking at that bigger picture, don't compare yourself to anyone and....

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken" Oscar Wilde. Wise words.

Take up your space in the world.
I wish you all much success and a Happy New Year xx

Submit "8 weeks post op update" to Digg Submit "8 weeks post op update" to del.icio.us Submit "8 weeks post op update" to StumbleUpon Submit "8 weeks post op update" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That's awesome to hear!! Super jealous that you are going Thailand!!!! Everyone that I know that has gone said they absolutely loved it and would go back in a heartbeat!!
    Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer23
    That's awesome to hear!! Super jealous that you are going Thailand!!!! Everyone that I know that has gone said they absolutely loved it and would go back in a heartbeat!!
    Good luck!
    Thanks Farmer, I'm off to Koh Samui which is lovely. Thai people are gorgeous, I can see why people go and never go home :-)
    You're such an inspiration. Congratulations on your loss!
    Thai food is great and of course they do quite a bit of chicken and seafood and sometimes peanuts. Hard to avoid the noodles but I'm sure you'll manage. Last time I was there I was surprised by how much protein there was in most dishes. And I've never been sick there, even in tiny villages, but it only takes once.... Sounds like taking some protein powder is a good back up plan. I have brought some protein bars with me on my current trip and I've been really glad to have them. So far I don't seem to be too fond of them so that's great. Have a wonderful time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHB
    You're such an inspiration. Congratulations on your loss!
    Thai food is great and of course they do quite a bit of chicken and seafood and sometimes peanuts. Hard to avoid the noodles but I'm sure you'll manage. Last time I was there I was surprised by how much protein there was in most dishes. And I've never been sick there, even in tiny villages, but it only takes once.... Sounds like taking some protein powder is a good back up plan. I have brought some protein bars with me on my current trip and I've been really glad to have them. So far I don't seem to be too fond of them so that's great. Have a wonderful time.
    Thanks Dale. I might risk the meat but wahhhh it does only take once!!! Eeeekk! I might bring some protein bars too :-)
    Way to go!!! That is awesome. It is so great when we can be active again. And Thailand is going to be amazing. I am sure you can get by on protein shake but that may not be as fun. Although, I am sure if you got food poisoning it would be no bueno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Way to go!!! That is awesome. It is so great when we can be active again. And Thailand is going to be amazing. I am sure you can get by on protein shake but that may not be as fun. Although, I am sure if you got food poisoning it would be no bueno.
    Haha I think I will go with my usual tofu and veg curry Christie, haven't got sick on that yet :-)
    Thailand! Wow! Sounds great. I'm not a vegetarian but I think I would be for the week in another country.
    I've got a touchy stomach, so having what's left of it upset, would be a nightmare.
    The protein powder is a great idea. Then you know your keeping up your daily needs.
    Gee! Sounds like you'll have a great time. I'm jealous.