Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jeanious

Jeanious blog

Rate this Entry
I'm hoping to keep all my posts together, so I'll try blogging.
Not sure how it works.

I'm on a weeks holiday with my husband in our caravan.
We've just been for a two hour walk at the beach followed by a steam
train ride.
I had a latte for lunch while hubby had fish n chips. I tried a little of his fish, kept it down.
Then he had a whiskey at the distillery and I had a half cup coffee. The guy asked if everything was alright with the coffee. I felt a little embarrassed cause I couldn't drink it all.
Haven't had any dinner yet, it's 7.15 so better get another shake in.
I just can't eat yet. Every time I try I feel it getting stuck in my throat, where it stays until I have gaviscon.
I guess I'll get there.

Submit "Jeanious blog" to Digg Submit "Jeanious blog" to del.icio.us Submit "Jeanious blog" to StumbleUpon Submit "Jeanious blog" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Another day down and I'm having a cup of soup for dinner.
    My dietitian rang today to see how I was going. She suggested I stay on purée foods
    for at least another week then try sloppy porridge and soft stews.
    So when I get home, I'll get the slow cooker out.
    Cheese slices are still going down okay.
    I haven't weighed in for a week, so can't wait to get home to see the difference. My pants feel looser, here's hoping I've lost some.
    Well done jean you're doing good. Maybe it will just take a little while longer with the puree and soft. Good that you kept some fish down though. I cooked some lovely barramundi the other week, maybe you could try that? Keeping up your fluids and proteins is good though for sure. I love steam train rides!!! And whiskey distilleries!!!
    You will get there Jean xx
    Hey Jean,

Don't worry, you'll get there. I remember being super excited to move onto solid foods but quickly leaned back towards pureed foods for a while because it was easier to go down. I still sometimes puree certain vegetables and im 2 months out! By the way.. your vacation sounds amazing! Enjoy!

All the best,
    Michael
    Thanks for your help all. I think I've come to terms with the fact food will
    have to wait. Hey! Did I just say that?
    Gee! If you saw me with food before you'd have said, get a room. Lol.
    Anyway, heading home again after a week away and I feel good.
    Relaxed and feeling I can actually do more bending etc.
    We went to the beach yesterday, hubby went for a swim but I was still feeling big. So I sat on the sand and people watched.
    Had a lovely latte after and a little more fish at tea. Still keeping up fluids.
    I love barramundi! It's on my shopping list..
    You'll definitely get there. Just hang in there. It is a little funny when I hear other people talking about not being able to get much in. I completely remember that phase of my sleeve. And how it took just a bite or two and I felt like I was going to pop. The gurgling and moaning. My husband asking if I was ok. Distant memory.