Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Stacey03

Week 6 update

Rate this Entry
Hallo!
Well it's week 6 already!!! 6 weeks ago I was super excited to be getting my sleeve and I've been super excited since, except for when I've been tired which has been a fair bit! It is true to say though that your body starts to get used to what has gone on and your energy slowly comes back. this week I have felt pretty good and a bit different in terms of energy. I have started running again (hurrah). I can def feel the few weeks off that I have had, so I'm on baby runs at the moment. I was saving the crossfit till after Christmas but I think I might get back before... SEE I must be feeling better!!!
I'm really happy for all the people who have recently had their surgery. I know some people are finding it a little bit tough, I think it is for the first few weeks, so to you people hang in there, it will get better. Honestly.

I've had a pretty text book recovery but gawd I have had the tiredness. I decided that it was just like when I was pregnant, the same kinda tiredness. I would have happily laid myself down in the grocery store and nodded off!!! Anyway, that is much better thankfully!

I know lots of people mention bowels on here... I haven't had any trouble but I have been very preventative about it and was taking stool softners from early on, that seems to have worked for me.
My diet has been pretty boring ... eggs tuna and what not but I am now starting to eat seafood which is my great love. So I've been having scallops, salmon, barramundi and I must get myself some morton bay bugs!!!! This has made life much more exciting.

Worst things that have happened....
*A horrid dumping episode after some fancy cheese in week 3. In a pub toilet. Not recommended!
*2 episodes of diahorrea.... one random one when I was home and one in a very nice italian deli... it didn't happen there LOL... I had time to get home!!! But funnily enough I had eaten a tiny bit of slightly oily italian sausage... oil might be a clue word here. I've sussed that out now ;-)

They are the worst things and not too bad to be fair. Otherwise it's been a breeze and my bloods are looking sooooo good. I'm super pleased about my cholesterol which went from 8.2 to 5.2 in 5 weeks.

I'm totally into rosehip and hibiscus herbal tea now and I don't drink normal tea and coffee anymore. I used to and I liked it but I've gone right off it. I'm finding it easy to get the fluid in which is good because we are coming into summer here in Australia. I'm still relying on a protein shake or 2 a day and I think that's just how it has to be for now.

Apart from that it has been all getting ready for Christmas, the house looks beautiful and we have been doing christmas mash ups on the piano which has been too much fun.

All is well and I am very happy that i made the sleeving decision. Yup xxx

Submit "Week 6 update" to Digg Submit "Week 6 update" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 6 update" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 6 update" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yay for everything going so well. I had taking stool softeners from the get go but they never seemed to really help me. I think I just had a really hard case.....hahahaha. Hard.
    Well done on your journey so far.
    Six weeks already. You're sounding very positive and that's wonderful.
    You've been a rock for me too, so thank you.
    Keep going and enjoy your hot Xmas day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Yay for everything going so well. I had taking stool softeners from the get go but they never seemed to really help me. I think I just had a really hard case.....hahahaha. Hard.
    lolllllllll
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanious
    Well done on your journey so far.
    Six weeks already. You're sounding very positive and that's wonderful.
    You've been a rock for me too, so thank you.
    Keep going and enjoy your hot Xmas day!
    Awww you're welcome and it will be fine xx

I know! Its going to be so hot christmas day and of course everybody wants traditional christmas inner this year so duck and turkey and roast potatos and all the shamoz. usually we just have seafood and salads but I've said I will do it if we can lock up and have aircon, which we never do either!!! They have all gone mad. But to be fair I do cook the most spectacular english christmas dinner so I can show off! Ha!

My partners parents live downstairs so they are so excited about it and Nan is going to do some sort of fruit fancy dessert. I'm just happy to have all the family here :-) Also my mum and dad sent a beautiful hamper from Scotland for the family so I left it with Nan :-)
    Oh and Jean, I am currently eating a tiny crunchy salad I made, I put anchovies in it! So 6 weeks out, and last night was this same delicious salad and salmon, I do it in a japanese style. Soon you will be eating things you never thought you would again! Tiny little portions of gorgeousness. Choose the very nicest food, be totes fussy, you deserve the very nicest beautiful quality food because you are totes fabulous xxxx
    It's so awesome hearing your updates, because we are close to the same path and timeline. When I need a pick me up, I read a post from you to others and it gets me going again!! You are so positive. You and Christie are great cheerleaders/motivators for the rest of us!!! Thanks for that!!

Great to hear your life is somewhat returning to normal or a close as possible. Interesting that you are doing salad already. My nutritionist told me to wait until my two month appointment as processing the lettuce is difficult. Glad to hear I'll be able to have it soon.

Thanks again for your positivity and congrats on the new life!
    Love the photo! You look and sound amazing. So grateful for your posts & encouragement.
    Quote Originally Posted by hookydad
    It's so awesome hearing your updates, because we are close to the same path and timeline. When I need a pick me up, I read a post from you to others and it gets me going again!! You are so positive. You and Christie are great cheerleaders/motivators for the rest of us!!! Thanks for that!!

Great to hear your life is somewhat returning to normal or a close as possible. Interesting that you are doing salad already. My nutritionist told me to wait until my two month appointment as processing the lettuce is difficult. Glad to hear I'll be able to have it soon.

Thanks again for your positivity and congrats on the new life!
    Nawwww thanks hookydad, sounds like you are doing well yourself. When you read my posts you have to do it in a south london accent with a slight bit of kiwi and australian LOL!!! I didn't have any pointers on when to eat salad but my dietitian said anything from 6 weeks so i thought I'd give it a go. i mean it's a tiny salad, like I'm in a very fancy resturaunt..... like back in the day we would have gone home and eaten cornflakes! But yay it has been fine. I
    eat the protein first because christie has drummed that into me and then a few bits of veg. I'm a fan of veg and it is hard to fit any in with the sleeve so it's all tiny.
    It's a tough trot those first few weeks isn't it. I think it's just getting used to the difference, I think the thing for me has been timings, making sure i do everything 3 hours apart, take vitamins etc, It's like my job! It's good to have time to get used to that as it's really important. So that and applying sunscreen is my job right now Lol. How are you going? :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHB
    Love the photo! You look and sound amazing. So grateful for your posts & encouragement.
    Aww thanks Dale. you are also doing so good!! You are!!! xxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Nawwww thanks hookydad, sounds like you are doing well yourself. When you read my posts you have to do it in a south london accent with a slight bit of kiwi and australian LOL!!! I didn't have any pointers on when to eat salad but my dietitian said anything from 6 weeks so i thought I'd give it a go. i mean it's a tiny salad, like I'm in a very fancy resturaunt..... like back in the day we would have gone home and eaten cornflakes! But yay it has been fine. I
    eat the protein first because christie has drummed that into me and then a few bits of veg. I'm a fan of veg and it is hard to fit any in with the sleeve so it's all tiny.
    It's a tough trot those first few weeks isn't it. I think it's just getting used to the difference, I think the thing for me has been timings, making sure i do everything 3 hours apart, take vitamins etc, It's like my job! It's good to have time to get used to that as it's really important. So that and applying sunscreen is my job right now Lol. How are you going? :-)
    Everything is going well. I hear ya about the schedule. That is exactly how I am approaching it. The best things that happened was going back to work. It is so easy to turn my day into very regimented schedule and I do things strictly by the clock. I have always functioned well that way, so it works for me.

Unfortunately, I think I have hit the post surgery stall, but I am plowing through and staying the course as everyone's post says. I know there is light at the end of this stall. I keep envisioning myself this time next year and it gets me through and doubts or questions. A good resource that I have used and really studied when I was deciding to have this procedure is a Youtube channel, titles "Fighting 400". He chronicles his journey for the year from Pre-Op diet through the first year n a monthly basis. I really related to this guy as we were similar in size when we both started. Just another resource and it's fun to watch a documented journey of success.

Anyway, have a great Christmas and enjoy the Sun!! Snow coming here
    So happy you are doing so well! And I love your positive attitude! At 6 weeks I was cleared for all foods, so enjoy. Just little bites and you'll be satisfied.

Merry Christmas!
    Quote Originally Posted by hookydad
    Everything is going well. I hear ya about the schedule. That is exactly how I am approaching it. The best things that happened was going back to work. It is so easy to turn my day into very regimented schedule and I do things strictly by the clock. I have always functioned well that way, so it works for me.

Unfortunately, I think I have hit the post surgery stall, but I am plowing through and staying the course as everyone's post says. I know there is light at the end of this stall. I keep envisioning myself this time next year and it gets me through and doubts or questions. A good resource that I have used and really studied when I was deciding to have this procedure is a Youtube channel, titles "Fighting 400". He chronicles his journey for the year from Pre-Op diet through the first year n a monthly basis. I really related to this guy as we were similar in size when we both started. Just another resource and it's fun to watch a documented journey of success.

Anyway, have a great Christmas and enjoy the Sun!! Snow coming here
    I want snow!!!!! Next year I'll be in London and Edinburgh with my family so heres hoping!!! Im going to come back via finland just to make sure though!!!! Lol.
    You tube is great for inspiration isn't it? Love it. Stalls are part of this journey, I thought i had had a bit of a stall but when I looked at the figures I hadn't and had just lost a bit less for a week or two... but this week it is a stall week for sure. I have glared at my scales many times!!! But it's all good, we know it will change. Merry christmas and how blissful that you will have snow!!! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    So happy you are doing so well! And I love your positive attitude! At 6 weeks I was cleared for all foods, so enjoy. Just little bites and you'll be satisfied.

Merry Christmas!
    Ditto to you sraebaer, I love your positive attitude and no nonsense approach sprinkled with a bit of sugar :-)
    I've been having a marvellous time with fish and have been enjoying little plates of gorgeousness. Scallops are a fave and the barramundi at the moment is awesome. I much prefer fish to meat. Merry Christmas to you and I'm dying to know what your husband is cooking for christmas dinner!!! xx