Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

LAB

3 day pre op clear liquid diet

Rate this Entry
Ok everyone ! So what did you eat for your 3 day pre op clear liquid diet ? I am kinda confused about it. I am unsure if they want me to keep drinking the protein shakes to. So if anyone can help wld greatly appreciate.

Thanks.
Lisa

Submit "3 day pre op clear liquid diet" to Digg Submit "3 day pre op clear liquid diet" to del.icio.us Submit "3 day pre op clear liquid diet" to StumbleUpon Submit "3 day pre op clear liquid diet" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I didn't need to do this and carried on drinking protein shakes but someone will know.....
    Good luck for your surgery :-)
    Every surgeon has a different protocol so you should check with your doctor. Mine took me off protein shakes and put me on clear liquids for 24 hours pre-op. (Broth/jello/ices/Gatorade.)
    I had 3 days immediately pre op that was full liquids so I could have shakes but each surgeon is different. If yours is clear liquids it would be like Dale said with broth, sugar free jello & popsicles, etc. Best to check with your surgeon.
    PS-I don't think anything will hurt you as some surgeons don't require any type of pre op at all. That is just my non medical opinion.