Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Poop TMI-Caution Turn Back Now if you can't handle it....

Rate this Entry
OMFG!!! I had the worst experience yesterday. To give a little back story, I had some real constipation issues the first 10 months post op. It was not fun but I was I dealt with it. I have been regular since then.
Shoot forward to yesterday. I've been going these last few days but maybe not as "much". And I have been really good on my fluid intake so no issues there. Most of my fluid comes from water because I have always been a big water drinker. Anyways, I really had to go. But it just did not want to come out. So I tried a third of an enema. Nothing. I kept pushing but it was like it was too big and hard. UGH. I was in so much pain. I had to use a suppository. And then some more enema. Finally, after about 45 minutes I went and it was such a relief. But during that struggling time it hurt so bad that I seriously thought I was going to have to have my husband take me to the emergency room to get some assistance. It was THAT PAINFUL!!!
And to top it off, I had my work Christmas party so that put me behind schedule for getting ready. DUDE. I hope I never go through that again.
Yeah, I know this is gross. But I know I am not the only one who has had bowel issues post op. Anyone who has them, it is always a good idea to have suppositories and enemas in your medicine cabinet. I think I would have died of embarrassment had I really had to go to the ER for some poop scooping. Can you imagine? The good thing is it all ended well.

Submit "Poop TMI-Caution Turn Back Now if you can't handle it...." to Digg Submit "Poop TMI-Caution Turn Back Now if you can't handle it...." to del.icio.us Submit "Poop TMI-Caution Turn Back Now if you can't handle it...." to StumbleUpon Submit "Poop TMI-Caution Turn Back Now if you can't handle it...." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thank you for that vivid, graphic and descriptive story.
    I am sorry you were in so much pain though...
    I am taking magnesium powder to regulate my BM, that seems to help.
    Hope things will move along better soon!
    I'm not making a joke about the pain in the ass...

Please don't feel offended...
    I sure hope it won't happen again!
    Hahaha. It was SUCH a pain in the ass!! LOL. This is the first time I have had any sort of issue in like 4 months. I was shocked because I know I have been drinking tons of water so not sure why it was that way. Hopefully it was a one off situation.
    PS-I am Italian...we do not offend easily. LOL.
    Christie, two words:

Vegetables! Fruits!

This year (Year Four Post-Op) I've resolved to eat 8 veggies and fruits a day. And I'm making my target almost every day. And constipation is now a thing of the past.

I realize you're not as far along as me, so I'm not sure you can get that many veggies/fruits in yet. But eventually you'll be able to do so. And believe me, you will LOVE the results if you go whole hog on them.

Extra bonus: I can now eat an extra 100 calories a day and not gain weight. I'm averaging 1850 cals/day now.
    Wahhhhhh Christie, the worst! Micro enemas are the handiest things, in fact I always use 2 on people so you could consider upping that dose when you need it. We always use 2 in Aus!(Thats the micro enemas not the massive big fleet ones!!!! Don't use 2 of these it would be a waste;-)

But gawd it is the worst right!!!! Everyone should talk about these things more easily because it is useful to other people when they are sitting on the toilet wailing!!!!

I'm all for the fruits and veg like Ann is saying but no chance of getting any of those in yet, but I can't wait!

Bum problems! Such a pain. I'm glad you got it sorted before your party :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Christie, two words:

Vegetables! Fruits!

This year (Year Four Post-Op) I've resolved to eat 8 veggies and fruits a day. And I'm making my target almost every day. And constipation is now a thing of the past.

I realize you're not as far along as me, so I'm not sure you can get that many veggies/fruits in yet. But eventually you'll be able to do so. And believe me, you will LOVE the results if you go whole hog on them.

Extra bonus: I can now eat an extra 100 calories a day and not gain weight. I'm averaging 1850 cals/day now.
    I eat tons of veggies. I just don't eat much fruit right now. By the time I get in my meat and veggies I am usually full. I do have some fruits. Probably need to try to up that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Wahhhhhh Christie, the worst! Micro enemas are the handiest things, in fact I always use 2 on people so you could consider upping that dose when you need it. We always use 2 in Aus!(Thats the micro enemas not the massive big fleet ones!!!! Don't use 2 of these it would be a waste;-)

But gawd it is the worst right!!!! Everyone should talk about these things more easily because it is useful to other people when they are sitting on the toilet wailing!!!!

I'm all for the fruits and veg like Ann is saying but no chance of getting any of those in yet, but I can't wait!

Bum problems! Such a pain. I'm glad you got it sorted before your party :-)
    I am not shy about poop talks. That is probably the one thing my husband hates about me. LOL. He does NOT talk about poop. I always tell him everyone poops. It is funny because when I taught Preschool there was a book called Everyone Poops. It was hysterical and the kids would love for me to read it as it was all about body functions. It is so funny. It says something about the amount of holes in the body and says there is even one called the anus. It has a cartoony drawing of a kid bending over showing his butthole and looking back between his legs. The kids would always say, "Ewwwww!!!" and laugh. It was a great book because it was in plain words and talked about those things in a non vulgar way. I should find it and buy it for my husband. That would be hysterical!!
    HAAAAAAAA that book sounds great!!!! Bum love to you :-)
    HAAAAAAAA that book sounds great!!!! Bum love to you :-)
    It is pretty choice.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...Everyone_Poops
    I thought my school had a longer version unless I am confusing two books. (Which is possible.) This was like 8 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9fEA1fC_cc
    I've been using Senokot S which seems to be good bc it has a stool softener and is "natural." But there's a fine line between soft stools and diarrhea. I've crossed that line a couple of times when I got impatient because I hadn't gone recently. That's not good either....
    Quote Originally Posted by DHB
    I've been using Senokot S which seems to be good bc it has a stool softener and is "natural." But there's a fine line between soft stools and diarrhea. I've crossed that line a couple of times when I got impatient because I hadn't gone recently. That's not good either....
    I tried all sorts of stool softeners but they did not help me at all. Wonder if now I should go back to them??
    Emmm, why go back to something that doesn't work?
    If this becomes a regular problem, try to find something else.
    Like I said, for me that is the magnesium supplements.
    They also help relieve the muscle cramps in my legs and feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSleeve
    I am taking magnesium powder to regulate my BM, that seems to help.

"Magnesium is a naturally occurring mineral. Magnesium is important for many systems in the body especially the muscles and nerves. Magnesium hydroxide also reduces stomach acid, and increases water in the intestines which may induce defecation.Magnesium hydroxide is used as a laxative to relieve occasional constipation (irregularity) and as an antacid to relieve indigestion, sour stomach, and heartburn."
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSleeve
    Emmm, why go back to something that doesn't work?
    If this becomes a regular problem, try to find something else.
    Like I said, for me that is the magnesium supplements.
    They also help relieve the muscle cramps in my legs and feet.
    I am definitely going to try to add something back to help with my issues. I will give the magnesium a try. I know that I am drinking plenty of water so that is definitely not the issue. Is there a dosage that you are using?
    Magnesium is great! Nobody has enough magnesium :-) yes what dosage are you taking Dutch sleeve???
    Magnesium is great! Nobody has enough magnesium :-) yes what dosage are you taking Dutch sleeve???
    Hahaha Edie!! I found this freaking HYSTERICAL book called "Everyone Poops 410 Pounds a Year" and just HAD to get it for my husband. I have flipped through the pages and have laughed my ass off. I am going to give it to him for Christmas. Obviously not his main gift but as a gag. I put it in the same wrapping with this really awesome 2018 Running Planner I found. It is to track your running workouts but has all sorts of great information in it as well for runners since he is going to do the full marathon next December.
    I feel so bad for you. I had a similar thing happen. I was literally crying in the bathroom. I had no idea what I was going to do. I had to use a suppository. I actually thought I was having some sort of heart attack the pain was so bad. I have started taking a stool softener everyday to help that along.
    Quote Originally Posted by yolymarie
    I feel so bad for you. I had a similar thing happen. I was literally crying in the bathroom. I had no idea what I was going to do. I had to use a suppository. I actually thought I was having some sort of heart attack the pain was so bad. I have started taking a stool softener everyday to help that along.
    Thanks. It was absolutely terrible. It was so freaking painful. Stool softeners really haven't worked for me. Luckily that was a rare occurrence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I eat tons of veggies. I just don't eat much fruit right now. By the time I get in my meat and veggies I am usually full. I do have some fruits. Probably need to try to up that.

Since I had a colectomy about 10 years ago, and have only about 5" of large intestine, I have never been faced with this situation since -- however, its crazy when you have to "go" and GO FAST or be embarassed.

Glad to see there was lots of good advice!