Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

julieaponte

Pureed Food

Rate this Entry
I'm supposed to start blended/pureed on Monday. I've been really hungry though which I wasn't expecting. I feel like I'm healing really good and I feel great. I blended some chili really well last night and I swear it was the best thing ever lol. Did anybody else ever feel like they were ready for the next phase a bit ahead of time? I also chewed up a piece of gouda really well. It all went down well and I feel great today. I'm even having no trouble going to the bathroom (pardon the overshare) but things are moving very smooth, if you will lol.

Submit "Pureed Food" to Digg Submit "Pureed Food" to del.icio.us Submit "Pureed Food" to StumbleUpon Submit "Pureed Food" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I didn't go ahead but gawd I did feel hungry on that time on fluids. It's so much different once you start eating purees and solids now I'm like 2 spoonfuls and I'm done. It's amazing!!! How have you been going with it all?
    Yes, I never completely lost my appetite but I did feel like pureed foods helped fill me up. Just be careful because it all goes down pretty easily so you can eat too much before you realize it. I think anything that has the consistency of pureed works. At least that's how I interpreted it. Just be sure you chew really well. I'm actually on the next phase now but I still puree some things (like chili) because I don't want anything to get stuck going down.
    I was hungry the first few months. I was always eating a bite here and there. I needed it. I was supposed to be 2 weeks on full liquids but went 10 days. I took it slow. I did not overeat. I was fine. Just make sure you are making good choices of what you put in your mouth. I always focused on protein first. Then veggies. I avoided most carbs (flours, sugars, and starchy veggies). I did not avoid milk carbs, though.
    Never did pureed food. Went from shakes the first two weeks to really soft foods like eggs, yogurt, soups, etc the third week. Tried baby food which was a huge mistake. (Poor babies.)

The thought of putting a dinner in my blender just grossed me out.
    I never pureed my food either even though my NUT said to use a food processor. I actually just ate soft foods as well.
    Me too :-)