Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shannon'sVSG

In A Stall (Or Something Like It)

Rate this Entry
I think I have finally hit my first stall. It's not that I was looking forward to this moment, however, knowing that things have been progressing along quite well, it was more a matter of looking out for it to happen.

It has been about a week - give or take a day or two - since I last lost any weight. Granted, I go up or down an ounce or two, but by and large, I have not shifted from my previously recorded weight. While I am not bothered by this, I do wonder how long it will last. Basing my information off of my wife's stall, it was approximately 3 weeks before she began losing again. And while I know,we are all different, I keep that number fresh in the back of mind to serve as a reminder that it can be a lengthy and time consuming process.

In any event, I am still pushing forward with the hope that this is simply a minor detour in my overall objective - to reach 185 lbs!

Submit "In A Stall (Or Something Like It)" to Digg Submit "In A Stall (Or Something Like It)" to del.icio.us Submit "In A Stall (Or Something Like It)" to StumbleUpon Submit "In A Stall (Or Something Like It)" to Google

Comments

You'll get there, slow & steady wins the race. It happens, but check the inches as that's when they start shrinking when the scale stops for a short time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzeygirl
    You'll get there, slow & steady wins the race. It happens, but check the inches as that's when they start shrinking when the scale stops for a short time.
    Hi jerzeygirl!

I couldn't agree more with your statement that "slow & steady wins the race." That's what I keep in mind as I approach this situation. Not for one second do I attempt to get down on myself or the weight loss itself because I know that each month on the 19th, I can see the overwhelming results of my efforts in combined inches lost. Thanks.
    Yeah, you're doing good Shannon, slow and steady is great :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Yeah, you're doing good Shannon, slow and steady is great :-)
    I couldn't agree more, Edie! BTW: Thank you for the undying support. It really helps.
    Best thing to do is to keep following the program. It will get moving again but it is always disappointing when the stall rears its ugly head...no matter how mentally prepared for it. Hang in there.