Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

astallons

Learning from Eminem

Rate this Entry
I, like most of you, listen to music while exercising. Today a song came on while I was on the treadmill and it caught my attention and made me really listen to the words. We listen to all genres of music. Seriously- rock, rap country, R&B, classical, Opera, oldies... you name it and we typically know a song or two. Tonight, Eminem’s “Not Afraid” came on and really hit home with me. (Btw, if you listen to the song be prepared fo foul language). I know that he sang it about his drug/alcohol addiction and relapses but it kinda sounds like my thoughts on my weight loss journey.

“I'm not afraid (I'm not afraid)
To take a stand (to take a stand)
Everybody (everybody)
Come take my hand (come take my hand)
We'll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm
Just letting you know that you're not alone
Holler if you feel like you've been down the same road (same road)”

“When I say I'mma do something I do it,
I don't give a damn what you think,
I'm doing this for me, so fuck the world
Feed it beans, it's gassed up, if it thinks it's stopping me
I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly
And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony”

Those are just tidbits of the song that meant more to me than I realized. I am doing this for me and no one can stop me and if you are going through this journey- I will do what I can to help you!!

Just thought I’d share with you guys since y’all are going through this as well. 😊

Submit "Learning from Eminem" to Digg Submit "Learning from Eminem" to del.icio.us Submit "Learning from Eminem" to StumbleUpon Submit "Learning from Eminem" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I love eminem. I think his songs have helped a lot of people out at times. I don't mind the language but it's not everyones cup of tea lol.
    I was lolling the other day about some of the songs we have on our playlists. I actually have 'HIT ME BABY ONE MORE TIME' LOLLLL but I love it and i think it's an excellent pop song! :-)
    A great song for the treadmill is changes tupac :-)
    Stacey done called out the Brittany Spears!!! I LOVE a lot of her songs...well, at least her early days. Lol. I’ve never been a huge Tupac fan except for California Love and How Do You want It. I’ll have to go back and listen to Changes...thanks for the recommendation!
    Oh my! I just realized that what I copied and pasted for the lyrics had the curse words in it...sorry folks. I had planned on putting *** in its place and now it won’t let me edit!!! ��
    Quote Originally Posted by astallons
    Oh my! I just realized that what I copied and pasted for the lyrics had the curse words in it...sorry folks. I had planned on putting *** in its place and now it won’t let me edit!!! 😕
    LOL. Not offended one bit!!

As for the song. It is definitely inspiring. I love a lot of his stuff. I can't wait to get back into running. I have to let my knee heal, though.
    Christie, you take care of yourself!!! Prayers for a full and fast recovery!!! You’ll be running marathons again in no time!!
    Quote Originally Posted by astallons
    Oh my! I just realized that what I copied and pasted for the lyrics had the curse words in it...sorry folks. I had planned on putting *** in its place and now it won’t let me edit!!! 😕
    LOLLLLLLLLL :-) I don't mind. #teambrittney hahaha :-)
    Great song and it is a motivational one to listen to while exercising! I like the choice.
    I love Eminem and Tupac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    I love Eminem and Tupac.
    You're a bloody legend Ann :-) :-)