Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Stacey03

4 week update

Rate this Entry
Not much to tell apart from everything is getting better and better!
I seem to have got some energy back this week which is delightful. I was taking to my bed quite a bit in the previous weeks. I think one of my main concerns with having the surgery was the possible fatigue afterwards and I have to admit I did have an odd sob about the fatigue. Luckily i have sensible people around me to give me a good talking to! And I also accepted that I was post surgery and bound to be tired and that it wouldn't be forever. Except at the parts where i was sobbing and not sensible, but that wasn't often!

So yay for less fatigue. It is getting easier to eat now and I'm managing fish and chicken (not much chicken). I am still having 2 protein shakes a day as it seems a useful way to get the protein in at the moment and i think that's just how it is for now.

Getting some more walks in now and that feels good. I'd really like to have a run but they said 6 weeks. I feel like i'm going to die when I get back to crossfit! Hopefully my fitness will come back quickly, cell memory and all that. I am getting itchy to get fit again.

In other news... nearly Christmas. I love Christmas and January. The whole family goes up to the beach house and it's a crazy time full of sisters and grandparents and kids. I usually do heaps of cooking which I love and sneak away here and there to the beach when it gets too crazy! Once we had a hurricane and last year we had to evacuate a day early because the bush fire was just too close. The house is still standing, phew! It's always eventful and always has at least one medical emergency, then it's doctors against nurses ;-)

Hope everyone is going well, it's a big old journey we are on but I think we are doing okay xxxx

Submit "4 week update" to Digg Submit "4 week update" to del.icio.us Submit "4 week update" to StumbleUpon Submit "4 week update" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

So jealous. I absolutely adore the beach. Our nearest beach is several hours away and it is not that nice. I was just about an hour from the beach when I lived in Italy. Enjoy that beach for me!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    So jealous. I absolutely adore the beach. Our nearest beach is several hours away and it is not that nice. I was just about an hour from the beach when I lived in Italy. Enjoy that beach for me!!!
    Haha I will Christie. Where I live now i have to drive an hour to a decent beach so it's so nice when we are there :-)