Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Picard182

What are the secrets to keeping your energy after you return to work?

Rate this Entry
Help! I'm in need of advice in regard to keeping my energy after I returned to work. I stayed home 6 weeks post op and my energy level was amazing, now that I returned to work, I am having some difficulty keeping up with the demands of my workplace. It is to the point that if I don't find a fix I may have to go back off of work in order to figure that out, and that really isn't an option. Please help.

Submit "What are the secrets to keeping your energy after you return to work?" to Digg Submit "What are the secrets to keeping your energy after you return to work?" to del.icio.us Submit "What are the secrets to keeping your energy after you return to work?" to StumbleUpon Submit "What are the secrets to keeping your energy after you return to work?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Make sure you're keeping hydrated, that's very important at this stage. Also, keep your proteins available as you might have to eat some smaller meals during the day to keep up the energy.
    Getting enough sleep is important, but that's obvious, even though there's a direct correlation between losing the weight and getting enough sleep.

It's a challenge and trial & error, but lots of patients state the same thing as you about their energy level once they get back to work. Just remember, get the hydration and proteins in during the day. Continued success!
    I agree, smaller meals more often, and be sure to get in your minimum protein and liquids. Water bottle at your desk? Fridge for you protein shakes? You should be getting your energy back by now, but we're all different. Plus you are probably able to eat most all foods now, so that should help. Good luck!
    Actually ... CARBS!

Seriously -- carbs are energy foods. What you want, however, are carbs that are "healthy" (not non-nutritious, overly processed crap carbs). Some examples include:

Greek yogurt (yes, there are carbs in that high-protein food, too)

Fruit -- think apples, berries for starters

Whole grains -- high-protein, high-fiber, whole grain bread, brown rice, etc.

Colored veggies -- green beans, peppers, tomatoes, pretty much all the colored veggies you can think of

Try not to drink your veggie and fruit calories. The fiber in the foods themselves will do you good in many ways.

That's my input.

Best wishes!
    All of the above and vitamins. Especially B12.
    I'm with Ann on this one. I think a lot of people are totally against carbs but good carbs are amazing. I'm just 4 weeks out so I can understand how it is tough to fit things in your sleeve and from what I've read it's protein first then veggies... so many veggies have the good carbs and avoiding white stuff is highly recommended. I think from what I've read it is also really normal to go back to work and feel wiped out and fall into bed very early. Early nights should never be underestimated. Planning is also something I think about carefully, it's easy at the moment because I can't eat much but I always have food prepped in the past. Prep for the week and you can't go wrong I think. I'm considering all of the stuff like always making sure i get enough protein and water and eat every 3 hours and take my vitamins. It's all about health for me and i want to be as healthy and vibrant as possible. I don't know if my ramblings are useful to you. I think it's just time too. In the last few days I have really had a couple of good energetic days. i've also had some awfully tired ones. I do hope you start to feel more energy soon and you get past the hump. Best wishes.
    I have been on and off w/ my isopure drinks, trimo drinks which all have protein eating chicken tuna fish steak all protein and as for veggies i have been using cauliflower for potatos so your mind thinks yo u have veg and yet potato form .. and or there is a organic califlower that is looks like rice its head of the cali chopped looks like rice so good added right seasons w/ the meats and simple but good just some thoughts when you want potatos or rice what i use instead and little little carbs no sugars or under 5 at least
    OMG! I was so weak the first three months, and I'm still very tired....
    I went back to work after 7 days....10 hours/day on my feet, squatting, bending, lifting, etc. the key for me was hydration, carbs and keeping my calories up (pretty sure I was around 800 - 1000 calories by 6 weeks). I was still on liquids at that point, so I Added fruit to my protein shakes and sipped them all day long. Eventually added in snacks like Greek yogurt, string cheese, quest bars, peanut butter, cottage cheese, and eventually veggies as my food transitions allowed.