Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

astallons

Tis the season!!

Rate this Entry
So, I have been so busy I have not had much time to get on here, but I wanted to drop in and give updates.

I am 2 1/2 months out from surgery and I am seeing the changes now. Before I knew in my head that there were changes, but when I looked in the mirror all I saw was the old fat self. Luckily my husband has been very generous at helping with that. He sends me texts periodically of pictures of me from years ago that I didn’t even know he had with a side by side pic of the new me. He did this to show me the differences because he knew I wasn’t seeing any on my own. Big thanks to him. Also, he reminded me that it is time for our annual dinner date/Christmas shopping trip to Nashville. Every year we book a hotel in Nashville, leave our kids with his parents and dress up for a fancy dinner date. Then the next morning we get up and shop for the kids’ Christmas gifts. He reminded me that it was time and the hotel has been booked. He even took me dress shopping. Amazingly, everything I tried on fit!!! I was trying on size 16s. (Formally a size 20 - and struggling to fit that). My husband found a dress and begged me to try it on. It was a size 14 and I told him that I would try it but to not get his hopes up and guess what....It fit perfectly!!! And my husband said it was gorgeous on me. So we bought it! Now I can’t wait for our date.

So Thanksgiving morning, I completed the Turkey Trot in our town. My goal was to do it in under an hour and I did...with 5 minutes to spare!!! Go me!! (Adding pics of me, my sister, and my daughter from that morning...I’m in the pink jacket with white toboggan).

I have also signed up for a martial arts class and kickboxing. They are kicking my tail...but it is so much fun!!! I officially earned and was presented my white belt tonight!!! 😁 I don’t know how other classes do it, but at this one you have to participate in so many classes before you even get your white belt...but I got mine!!!

So much going on but I feel great and am so glad this is my journey to greatness. Since this is the season of Thanks, I wanted to shout out to a few that always take time to respond and give encouragement to people on here. There are several here that are so supportive, but Ann and Christie have been two that seem to stick out to me more. Thank you two for all of your kind words and wisdom. Honestly, let me just say Thank you to everyone here. This site is amazing and I am so glad I found it.

Shew, that was a lot of words!!! Good night!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53ABCD91-7DAB-4A12-AE25-D767D9D7C60A.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	488.2 KB 
ID:	27255

Submit "Tis the season!!" to Digg Submit "Tis the season!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Tis the season!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tis the season!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

OMG!!! Your husband is so sweet for being so supportive and showing you all your hard work is paying off!! Big kudos to him!! And you are down to a 14 from a 20 in just 2 1/2 months. That is fan-freaking-tastic! Looks like you have found the joy of exercising! Best thing you can do for yourself. It makes you healthy and in my opinion sane. When I work out it is my therapy time. Time to think about anything going on in my life and decisions I need to make. Time to reflect on how lucky I am to have a second chance and being and STAYING healthy!! Congrats on your Turkey Trot! What a wonderful way to bond with your daughter! Showing her how to live a healthy life. I am so happy for you. Just remember...this is just the beginning. Life is going to get sweeter and sweeter. Congrats to you!
    PS-Thanks for the nice shout out!
    Nawwwwwww your husband is a peach!!!!! So nice! I love the description of your christmas outing every year, how gorgeous! I think this turkey trot thing is so cute! did you see Christies medal from hers? I have total medal jealousy! Congratulations on your fabulous weight loss, you look goegeous :-)
    astallons ... what a wonderful post. You've got so many resources, including your incredibly supportive husband. What a good guy he is. (I've got one of those, too. )

Your joy is so infectious, and it's obvious that you're basically a joyful person who's finally getting back in touch with your source of all of that.

To quote Auntie Mame, "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85pJXaiXOBU
    �� So again, I am technology stupid and have tried editing the original post, but it won’t let me. So I wanted to add on here that there are more people that have always been so kind to comment on my posts. In addition to Christie and Ann2, I want to shout out a thank you to sraebaer and stacey03. I’m sure there are more, but on my blogs/posts, these are the names I always see commenting encouragement and support. Thank you!! (I’m not sure how I missed yall’s names on the original post anyways!!)
    Haha oh gosh I've been here for like 2 minutes!!! I have nothing interesting to say, I'm just here to provide some entertainment LOL!!! XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by astallons
    😁 So again, I am technology stupid and have tried editing the original post, but it won’t let me. So I wanted to add on here that there are more people that have always been so kind to comment on my posts. In addition to Christie and Ann2, I want to shout out a thank you to sraebaer and stacey03. I’m sure there are more, but on my blogs/posts, these are the names I always see commenting encouragement and support. Thank you!! (I’m not sure how I missed yall’s names on the original post anyways!!)
    You are so sweet! And I want to see a picture of you in that dress!