Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KathyM

1 week Post Op

Rate this Entry
This first week has been fairly good. Had surgery Wednesday, home Thursday, back to work Friday- which may have been crazy but... I'm a Realtor so I don't make money if I don't work. Fortunately, I love my job. Anyway, getting protein and fluids in the 1st couple of days was challenging, but not a problem any longer. Gas is significantly better and bloating has subsided - especially now that I added a stool softener to the mix. Walked 2 miles yesterday which felt pretty good. I keep hearing everyone feeling more energy after surgery. Not quite for me. Mid day I need a nap! Talk to my nut and she has suggested I up my protein from 60g to 80-90g. Hoping that gets me going through the day. I am guessing if I were sleeping better at night that would help too. I can't seem to sleep through the night. Wake up every couple of hours either from pain (incision sites) or having to pee. LOL. Getting lots of fluids in.

Happy Thanksgiving! I am looking forward to family time. I am a little worried about being surrounded with all that food but I am going to focus on playing with my grandbabies! And drink my shakes...

Submit "1 week Post Op" to Digg Submit "1 week Post Op" to del.icio.us Submit "1 week Post Op" to StumbleUpon Submit "1 week Post Op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Kathy!!!! You crazy girl, getting back to work so soon! Yikes! But good on you. I think napping is totally normal at the moment. I found I was awake a lot at night in the first few days too.You sound like you are doing great. Happy Thanksgiving :-)
    You definitely need more protein with your work. Week 1 I needed to take cat naps daily. I was off that week. I went back to work exactly 1 week post op. I was better by week 2 but I still was tired by the end of the day. Also, consider vitamin B12. You can find the dissolvable kind on Amazon and it is pretty good. I think the brand is Sun Down Naturals. Just make sure you get dissolvable and not pills.
    Thanks, made the mistake of taking a tyelnol and immediately heaved it up. Forgot no tablets. I am miserable but hopefully lesson learned. Happy Thanksgiving!