Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JLPSch

A Year Without a Turkey Trot

Rate this Entry
I got the bad news on Friday that I couldn't run my annual Turkey Trot this year due to dental surgery I had. I was so disappointed and at first I wasn't sure why. Then I realized running is part of the "new me." I started running before surgery, but it's been an important part of becoming a healthy person.

Here's what I wrote about it on my blog, Down the Scale:

https://downthescale.com/2017/11/20/...a-turkey-trot/

Happy Thanksgiving!!
Jen

Submit "A Year Without a Turkey Trot" to Digg Submit "A Year Without a Turkey Trot" to del.icio.us Submit "A Year Without a Turkey Trot" to StumbleUpon Submit "A Year Without a Turkey Trot" to Google

Comments

Dental health is equally important and sometimes one has to give to the other. Sorry you are missing your run. You can make up for it by running two on X-mas day. LOL. Awesome that this is even an option for any of us. Keep up the good work.
    What ghost_ryder said ... dental care is also self care. But I do understand your disappointment. Turkey trots are such festive affairs -- like going to a party!

BTW, I really admire the lifestyle you've created for yourself. I do read your blog from time to time and appreciate that too, because I know how much effort it takes to blog and do it well. You do a great job of that, too!

Respect.
    Oh shame about the turkey trot... what a cute name!!!!!!! I want to turkey trot too! It's a bummer, Im a runner too so I feel ya, but do what greg said and do 2 on christmas day LOL. I still can't get over turkeytrot, it's such a cute name!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_ryder
    Dental health is equally important and sometimes one has to give to the other. Sorry you are missing your run. You can make up for it by running two on X-mas day. LOL. Awesome that this is even an option for any of us. Keep up the good work.
    Hmm, I didn't think about two runs on Christmas! I could use them to run off all the peppermint of the season It is wonderful that exercising can be part of your life isn't it? Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    What ghost_ryder said ... dental care is also self care. But I do understand your disappointment. Turkey trots are such festive affairs -- like going to a party!

BTW, I really admire the lifestyle you've created for yourself. I do read your blog from time to time and appreciate that too, because I know how much effort it takes to blog and do it well. You do a great job of that, too!

Respect.

I do love Turkey Trots, well, actually any races. I find that the racing community is positive and supportive, no matter what size I've been at each race.

Thank you so much of your kind words and for reading my blog! Some days it's hard to share the bad along with the good, but this journey is so important to me. Thank you so much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Oh shame about the turkey trot... what a cute name!!!!!!! I want to turkey trot too! It's a bummer, Im a runner too so I feel ya, but do what greg said and do 2 on christmas day LOL. I still can't get over turkeytrot, it's such a cute name!!!!!!

Turkey Trots are so much fun! I highly recommend them! I always wear a turkey headband and it puts me in the spirit. And I eat pumpkin pie guilt free. Looking forward to running next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    Turkey Trots are so much fun! I highly recommend them! I always wear a turkey headband and it puts me in the spirit. And I eat pumpkin pie guilt free. Looking forward to running next year!
    HAHA Super cute! I should be in America or aim to come over at this time of year just for a turkey trot :-)
    I signed up for my first Turkey Trot a few weeks ago...I have been walking/jogging every other night to get ready for it. (Doing the C25K). I have noticed that it’s becoming addictive to go out and jog...even in the short time I have been doing it, so I can’t imagine how you feel being told you can’t do it right now. Have you thought about just walking it this year. At least that would keep you still in it and not missing the year totally.
    Quote Originally Posted by astallons
    I signed up for my first Turkey Trot a few weeks ago...I have been walking/jogging every other night to get ready for it. (Doing the C25K). I have noticed that it’s becoming addictive to go out and jog...even in the short time I have been doing it, so I can’t imagine how you feel being told you can’t do it right now. Have you thought about just walking it this year. At least that would keep you still in it and not missing the year totally.

Running is a lot of fun isn't it? Congrats on signing up for your first Turkey Trot! You'll love it!

I thought about walking it, but my dentist really wants me to take it easy for the first week. It's funny to think that walking 3 miles really isn't a big deal any more like it was 4 years ago. I'm going to embrace the break, though, and finally watch the Macy's Thanksgiving break with a cup of coffee and my family.
    So sorry Jen. I know that stinks. Especially losing out with the bonding time with your son. But as everyone said, your health is important. I get the disappointment, though. I have not been able to run as much as I would like lately due to my knee. It stinks. But I will be back at it. I know I will. Happy Thanksgiving my dear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    So sorry Jen. I know that stinks. Especially losing out with the bonding time with your son. But as everyone said, your health is important. I get the disappointment, though. I have not been able to run as much as I would like lately due to my knee. It stinks. But I will be back at it. I know I will. Happy Thanksgiving my dear.
    Sorry to hear about your knee, Christie! Yes, we'll both be back at running! Happy Thanksgiving!