Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Stacey03

Food mistakes - keeping it real :-)

Rate this Entry
I went to the shop today. I make everything homemade and dont use anything with a barcode on it much if ever. But today in some sort of ditziness, I bought 2 cans of organic soup and 2 sachets of chobani yogurt. I don't know why I didn't check the labels but I came home and liquidised the soups in the vitamix and put them in my little single servings. They are gross! Why did I not just make the bone broth chicken and lentil which gives me heps of protein and suits me?!
Then I tried some of the yogurt watered down and ended up laying on the floor with the clammy sweats!!! When I checked it was 15g of sugar per serve. #shouldhavecheckedthelabels!

I really don't know what possessed me to buy some packaged food, I think i just thought it would be easy for a couple of days. Also the protein count was rubbish.

So Im off to the shop again tommorrow to get a chicken breast and make my super bone broth soup and go back to my 2 natural protein shakes which give me over 60g of protein alone.

We live and learn eh.
I think I maybe just wanted some variety too, it's easy to get tired of this liqued diet. I might try making a couple of different flavour soups. I'm getting there. New lessons every day :-)

Submit "Food mistakes - keeping it real :-)" to Digg Submit "Food mistakes - keeping it real :-)" to del.icio.us Submit "Food mistakes - keeping it real :-)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Food mistakes - keeping it real :-)" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

O yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSleeve
    O yeah...
    Haha Dutch, you've been there too yes. LOL. I'm sure I will make plenty more mistakes :-)
    If you knew how much crap I have thrown away. Also, my taste buds changed post op. But yes, live in learn. If it is a big container or expensive....I don't go for it.
    I have 12 bottles of the devil's swill (Isopure Protein water) which I will never drink. Trying to convince my husband not to be large quantities of anything!

I make most of my stuff; and you are right, labels are our friends. But you do get broadsided by the oddest foods along the way. I had a few bits of baked salmon, and ended up with the froths. Won't try it again for a while.