Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Mikecab4

Poop? Toot? nothing?

Rate this Entry
Hey Guys,

Today is day 7 post-op and (sorry for the TMI) but I have still not pooped yet. Has anyone else been having this problem? I must say i have been passing gas regularly so that's good, and i do not have any more gas pain but COME ON POOP! Lol

All the best,
Michael

Submit "Poop? Toot? nothing?" to Digg Submit "Poop? Toot? nothing?" to del.icio.us Submit "Poop? Toot? nothing?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Poop? Toot? nothing?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
November 1st 2017 surgery

Comments

You have nothing to eat, so very little bowel content.
    It will happen (eventually...)
    Hey Dutch,

Thanks, I feel more relieved.

All the best,
    Michael
    You can take a little bit of a laxative, but ask your doc first. Try stool softeners? Believe me, it will come out ... eventually and it will be relief!
    Hey Jerzerygirl,

I really hope so. My nurse in the hospital suggested I take Milk of Magnesia so im trying that now actually. Crossing my fingers!! Excited for the relief part haha.

All the best,
    Michael
    We suggest taking Milk of Magnesia to our patients at the bariatric center where I work also. When you get to a "later phase" of eating, try some prune juice warmed up when you're feeling a little "bound up" that helped me early on also.
    You know what they say, "It all comes out in the end." Continued success!
    Hey Jerzeygiel,

Loving the advice!! I will definitely try that. Thanks!

All the best,
    Michael
    Hopefully your constipation will not be an ongoing issue.
    Hey Mike,
    My first after surgery was 7 days after. Then just a little bit 3 days after that. Then nothing for days! I felt like I had to but nothing was moving. Then the pain began. I tried everything. As a last resort I went to Prompt Care. They did an X-ray and told me I had to go to the Hospital ER. I was miserable. I make it to the hospital where they had to clean me out. Not a pleasant procedure! The minute it was over I felt so much better.

I didn’t worrry about nothing happening because I realized I wasn’t eating. The doctors told me there’s still stuff that needs to pass through. And of course we are trying to get water in but no matter how much we are behind which makes whatever is in there very hard.

I was given Colace after surgery and was taking the minimum dose. That’s what I thought I was supposed to do. Now I know to take 3 Colace pills and I’m using Benefiber. I also got some prune juice. The ER Dr told me our bowels slow down after surgery, hence the 7 or so days but after that you have to get them moving.

I was also told to take Milk of Mag but it didnt’ work for me.

I urge you to up any stool softeners you have and maybe take some Benefiber or something to get them moving. Get as much water in as you comfortably can. You don’t want to go through what I went through! Call your surgeon’s office and tell them you are constipated.

I hope this is helpful.