Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

astallons

C25k

Rate this Entry
I know this is a little premature, but last night my husband and I signed up for the Turkey Trot that is in Thanksgiving day. It's a 5K fundraiser in our town and I'm super excited to complete it. The best thing about it is that it isn't competitive. You just go at your own pace. However, no one wants to be dead last, so I downloaded the Couch to 5K app to prepare myself. I know that I don't have a lot of time to get ready because the app takes 9 weeks and several people said they had to repeat some weeks. But at least this will have me better prepared to altnerate walking and jogging this 5K.

Here's the best part...I completed Day 1 Week 1. I took it slow but I completed the days task. Within 30 minutes, I walked/jogged a mile and a half!!!! Before I started losing weight, anytime I jogged my legs would kill me and I couldn't finish...today I had no problem out of my legs!!! Super excited!!!

Let's see how sore I am tomorrow!!! Lol

Submit "C25k" to Digg Submit "C25k" to del.icio.us Submit "C25k" to StumbleUpon Submit "C25k" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I didn't do the "formal" program. I was used to walking three miles a day and started running little pieces of it each day. Baby steps. Added a little more every day. I don't even remember how long it took me to work up to running three miles (maybe a month?) but I did it. Good luck!

You're not in Kansas City are you? (I'm sure many places have Turkey Trots, but we have one by the river every year.)
    Oh I absolutely love the C25K app and recommend it to everyone!! I even did that when I was overweight and was able to run because of it. Congrats to you. Caution...running can be addictive. Especially when you are doing races.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    You're not in Kansas City are you? (I'm sure many places have Turkey Trots, but we have one by the river every year.)
    No ma'am. I am in Western Kentucky. :-) I have heard of several places having a Turkey Trot though!!
    Good for you! I started C25K before surgery and kept going over it. It's a great program. I love running because you can run/walk or do whatever you need to do. And races have a wonderful supportive energy to them. Enjoy!
    Hurrah for you both! Have a great time.