Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Farmer23

5 days!!!

Rate this Entry
AHHHHH!!!! I am so nervous/excited. I start my pre op diet tomorrow which I am not looking forward to. I am however happy that my mom is coming down with me as she went through the same procedure with the same doctor, that makes it a little easier.

I think one of the hardest parts is my younger brother doesn't approve of this. We are a very close family and we value each others opinions most of the time. With that being said he doesn't understand my struggle, he thinks it's because I haven't tried hard enough and I give up too quickly, and when I try to explain he gets frustrated and then so do I. It's annoying and frustrating. But in the end I think it's just because he's scared for me, that he can't be there when I go in for my first surgery ever and with it being 2 countries away, he just doesn't want anything to go wrong. This is his way of showing he is worried as the men in our family have a hard time expressing what they really feel lol.

Anyways enough of my rambling on haha, I just know that this is a very good option for me it's going to be a struggle and I can't wait!

Submit "5 days!!!" to Digg Submit "5 days!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "5 days!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 days!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

At least you have your mom and she has already been through this. Unfortunately, people think that we go into this surgery half assed without doing our research and without having struggled with weight loss. People think it we couldn't lose weight and keep it off then we were just not trying. That is just not the case. If it were so easy to lose weight and keep it off there would be not fat people. End of story. One doesn't make this decision lightly. Wishing you much success. I am sure your brother will come around. Big hugs.
    Hows it going with your preop diet Farmer? Youre nearly there yayyyy. I am just awake at stupid 2.15 am as being in the hospital put me all out of whack!
    Ahhhh men and expressing feelings! That sounds like tricky business but he will come round I'm sure. Not much he can do once its done eh! Thinking of you in the pre op zone :-)