Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Stacey03

Day 7 of pre op diet

Rate this Entry
Hallo!
So, today is day 7 of the optifast diet and i have one more week to go. I thought I would give you some top tips on how to get through this stage as it can be a challenge!

1. Drink more water. You totally need more than you think. Day 4, I was dizzy and headachy and possibly a little bit whingy. So, I had a scoot around the forum and decided water might save the day. It did. I felt so much better by the next day. I think lots of us don't drink enough water generally in life and we have to practice for afterwards with the sipping right? Get on the water.

2. You totes have to fancy pants up the optifast or whatever shakey thang you are on. I have a morning shake, I add ice and a shot of coffee. It's like being at starbucks maybe! Use your nicest glass.

For lunch i have a bar, nothing i can do with that, it's like plastic chocolate so i just munch it down with a face like a smacked bottom!

Dinner is chicken soup. Now trust me these soups need some work. I cook up some onion in a little bit of water and add garlic and mushrooms (these veggies are on the free food list) and then i add the soup. Taaaa daaaaa then I try to imagine I'm in that resturant at the bottom of the spanish steps in Rome. Use your fanciest bowl. In fact use All of your nicest stuff in life generally. There is never a need to save for best!

3. Find some interesting things to do, or make, or watch, or keep a journal. I reckon this is a great time in peoples lives to keep a journal. Choose the nicest one or just use an old notepad if you don't care about the fancy.

4. Take some pics and measurements... top tip from Christie. You won't like these photos but you will want them later.

5. I don't know much else yet but I'll keep you informed of progress.

6. Keep going :-)

Submit "Day 7 of pre op diet" to Digg Submit "Day 7 of pre op diet" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 7 of pre op diet" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 7 of pre op diet" to Google

Comments

Yes. The pre op is so much harder than post op in my opinion. I was lucky to only have 9 days and mine was not as strict as yours. I had 1 small meal of lean meat and veggies per day. Then shakes, sugar free jello, broth, sugar free popsicles were pretty much as many as I needed. Then the 3 days right before surgery were liquids only. But you are half way there...so kudos to you! And yes....I only found one meal replacement bar that was not bad tasting. It was the Atkins Chocolate Peanut Butter ones. They are low carb. They are relatively tasty. Other than that...the others were all just tolerable.
    Haha ... the bars are a challenge Christie. I do remember a coconut atkins bar which used to be nice! Oh well, I guess i have to munch my way through these ones :-)
    It is funny that they are telling you which you can eat. I know my NUT gave me a few different options. That was really helpful!
    Yes! I want the coconut Atkins!!! Lol
    Yeah, if I had to eat something I didn't care for I would just skip it. I am funny like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Yeah, if I had to eat something I didn't care for I would just skip it. I am funny like that.
    HAAAA! :-)