Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Farmer23

2 Weeks!!!

Rate this Entry
I am so nervous, excited and anxious!!! I am not excited for the flight there and back as a total of 6-7 hour layovers/day. And I am terrified I am going to fail after the surgery and fall back into my old habits. This is the last thing in the world I want to do, as this is my chance for a new beginning, a new me, a new life style, and a new attitude. All in the same it is an extremely exciting feeling to have this opportunity to become a better me, a stronger me, a more confident me!

Submit "2 Weeks!!!" to Digg Submit "2 Weeks!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "2 Weeks!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "2 Weeks!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yayyyyy. I reckon hold on to that last sentence you wrote. Very best of luck and I hope the flights go well :-)
    Congrats on your upcoming surgery. I know what you mean about fear of failing. I was the same way. And I have been very successful. Now I have to make sure I keep the new habits and maintain my new healthy weight. You got this. You still have to work but being sleeved makes it much easier. Good luck! Wishing you much success!
    I don't know if this will help, but succeeding or failing after WLS is a choice you make. It sounds like you have a real good chance to make the right choice.

Very best wishes!
    Be sure to get up and walk a lot on your flights home to avoid blood clots. That's what worries me about Mexico, the long trip home after major surgery. I was happy with my 5 minute drive to my bed.

Ann's right, the success or failure of this surgery is totally your choice. But in the beginning when you aren't hungry and can't eat much, it's pretty easy to develop healthy eating habits. Then when you see the pounds falling off it is so much fun that you don't want to go back. Once you develop a habit, it's pretty easy to stick with it later on when you can eat real food. I don't think twice anymore about protein first at home or choosing the healthiest option on any restaurant menu. You can do it, best of luck to you! It really is fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    I don't know if this will help, but succeeding or failing after WLS is a choice you make. It sounds like you have a real good chance to make the right choice.

Very best wishes!

Such helpful words. I too am struggling with the "what if I'm not successful AGAIN" portion of pre-surgery. I was at a meeting yesterday that was required with VSG post-op patients and it left me feeling very down about the process. Everyone was gaining and no one looked the way I am hoping to. Unrealistic expectation?? I'm hoping not. I have my sights set on losing it all. I'm just having a hard time these days. Surgery can't come quick enough. Thanks again.

Gege
    Thank you everyone for the good advice!