Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

blondie11.11

18 Days Post Surgery

Rate this Entry
Getting used to the new schedule of getting as many fluids in me whether it be liquid Protein or water or Gatorade for electrolytes. There is a lot of sipping throughout the day. I wake up in the mornings an hour early just to designate it to getting in 17 oz of water and my vitamins. Then I move to liquid protein shake which is only 11 oz but that takes almost an hour as I start it at work. Then have to start water again until 1/2 hour before I plan to eat some sort of solid protein either cottage cheese or creamy peanut butter or dark chicken meat (softer and not as dry) then I sip on some water until I am read for another liquid protein drink. By the time dinner is here, I am still not hungry and will usually try to get a couple bites of some soft canned peaches with no sugar added and cottage cheese.

One of my incision sites re-opened yesterday out of the blue - that was gross! I hoped into my primary care doctor first thing as a walk in and he took me and used a glue with strips and made a mesh Cris-cross on it and said that this will hold it together without doing stitches, he just wanted to ensure it wouldn't get infected.

I am down 18.4 lbs since and that was with my 3 day liquids pre-op diet. I didn't lose anything from my pre-op diet because I had eaten everything I could to stretch my stomach and knowing I wasn't going to be able to eat those kinds of foods again! But I am very pleased that the weight is steadily coming off. I stalled the whole 2nd week for some reason. Stayed the same weight and was really worried I was doing something wrong, But how could I be?! I was only on a liquid diet and sticking to the rules! Finally I got more active and started walking and working out slowly on the elliptical. I might have just gotten backed up. Not to be gross but after surgery anything left in your bowels takes some time to get out and it is almost tar like and it takes awhile to get it out of your body. But once it is gone, you'll start losing weight and getting your system back to normal on a regular schedule.

I love how supportive my husband has been in making sure to help me around the house, he's always been good about that - but just understanding that this is all new to me and that my body is going through a lot of new changes - healing, weakness, tiredness and just even my skin changing, it's much more loose now. The exterior fat layer is breaking down. Well, that's whats been on my mind to share for now. I'm looking forward to the next couple of weeks Dropping is my goal - I gotta get on the exercise a bit more - just walking more that is. Choi for now!

Submit "18 Days Post Surgery" to Digg Submit "18 Days Post Surgery" to del.icio.us Submit "18 Days Post Surgery" to StumbleUpon Submit "18 Days Post Surgery" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

So nice to read your blog Blondie! Sounds like you are going good. I was wondering about the fatigue, how is that?
    Your husband sounds like a keeper!!!
    Congratuations on your success :-)
    The more protein and fluids you get in the less fatigue you will have. Also, take B12 if you are not already. Sublingual is the best. Wow. That is crazy about your incision. I had no issues with any of mine. Good thing that your PCP got you in and took care of you. Keep chugging along. It will continue to get easier. Hang in there.