Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Stacey03

Pre-op Diet

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone,
So, I started my pre op diet today. For my plan it is 3xoptifast products a day. there are some allowed vegetables if you need them. I'm in Australia so its what they do here. I chose a shake for breakfast, a bar for lunch and a soup for dinner. i thought that might make it managable as I dont fancy 3 shakes a day.
I also bought a Vitamix the other week which i thought would come in useful over the next few weeks and it mixes them shakes up good!
Now I have to be honest, they are not nice! I've never been a fan of this processed shamoz but it just has to be done so it's fine. I'm just going to chug away!
I think I'm so excited and happy about having the surgery that I would happily do anything. Last night i had a big bowl of kale for my dinner which might sound hilarious but i'm a massive kale fan so i wanted to get some in, in case its tricky afterwards! I've heard people have trouble with leafy greens, i might have to up the chew factor!
Yesterday went great with the endoscopy. Everybody was lovely and before I knew it, it was done. I didnt even have a sore throat!
So Big reassurance to anyone who might have a worry about the endoscopy... dont... it will be fine.
I will let you know how i go with the pre op diet. Funnily enough yesterday i had a massive headache from about 2 pm as i didnt get my endoscopy till around 3.30pm and had been fasting all day, so i'm wondering if I might get some headaches this week. I will try to up the water.
I'm off to my surgeon in the morning to sign consent and stuff, the surgery will be on the 7th November.
Hope you are all travelling well xx

Submit "Pre-op Diet" to Digg Submit "Pre-op Diet" to del.icio.us Submit "Pre-op Diet" to StumbleUpon Submit "Pre-op Diet" to Google

Comments

Congrats on your upcoming surgery. I know that the pre op is a lot harder than the post op. Post op you are not hungry so the hard part is getting in enough fluids and protein. So you have to make yourself keep sipping.
    Thanks Christie... I shall be concentrating on not being a gulper! X