Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

21 months...losing again

Rate this Entry
Hello my dear friends,

My new Parisian life is hectic to say the least. But I've been amazed so see my scale move again. And quiet a lot compare to the previous months.
I lost more than 7 pounds since September, not 100g or 300g per month like before when I was in Asia.

I must say that I eat much more since I'm back, I have access to more nutritious food. And at work there's functions ALL THE TIME and I was afraid that would be a bad influence on my diet (who can resist a mini croissant for breakfast? or a tiny opera cake for tea time?), but I do watch what I eat, have a little of everything, eat mostly plenty of veggies, protein ...and voila: magically the scale moved, my pants start to be too big again. I was starting to think those past months that my weight was going to stabilize...but no. I'm not far from my surgeon's projection now, and my own goal seems like being more reachable, so may be I will get there in one year!!

Also last month I was able to meet with a really famous French professor specialized in plastic and reconstructive surgery who approved my surgeries. What a relief!! His team was amazing!! I must say I'm a little scared but I know it's becoming urgent to do something since I have severe issues with the extra skin (bat wings can get stuck and it's painful), but also again with my tummy muscles (the move and unpacking didn't help).
So far we talked about doing one surgery in January, the other one in August. I'm dealing with paperwork right now and we'll see what the cat brings.

I'm not completely sure that's my best interest to go under one more time, anesthesia make me so sick...but the result would for sure help my everyday life tremendously..

I hope you are all doing great!!! XX

Submit "21 months...losing again" to Digg Submit "21 months...losing again" to del.icio.us Submit "21 months...losing again" to StumbleUpon Submit "21 months...losing again" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Paris my favourite city, i was just there for the Australian summer. Congratulations on breaking the stall. So nice to hear you doing well :-)
    It sounds like the move was a great thing in so many ways! Congrats and enjoy!!
    I'm so glad you're loving being back in Europe. Looks like you now have all the resources you have needed for some time.

Please stay connected here. It's good to hear from you.
    Congrats Sandra!!! I knew you would do better with better access to good nutrition. I am so happy for you! And that is awesome that you will be able to get the skin removal surgeries as well. You have lost a lot and deserve it. I am fortunate enough for mine to not be too bad. Although I would really like a small boob job. My poor boobies are little sad sacks right now. So that would probably be the one thing I do when I can afford it. Keep us posted. So glad to hear you are doing so well. I've missed you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Paris my favourite city, i was just there for the Australian summer. Congratulations on breaking the stall. So nice to hear you doing well :-)
    Thanks Stacy! Paris is great when you are visiting, not that great when you work/live there. My train was late three days in a row last week and on Friday we got stuck in the middle of nowhere for 2H15. Indeed we choosing to live in the countryside and commute is part of the problem, but I don't like being in a city during the week end..and living in Paris "intramuros" cost way too much for the kind of place we need with three children..
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    It sounds like the move was a great thing in so many ways! Congrats and enjoy!!
    Thank you! There's a lot of positive going back home after being overseas for 15 years. Somewhere it also feels like being in a foreign country...weird but I'm glad to see more of my friends, many I missed a lot more than I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    I'm so glad you're loving being back in Europe. Looks like you now have all the resources you have needed for some time.

Please stay connected here. It's good to hear from you.
    Thank you for your message Ann! No doubt I will try to come here more often, I miss you all for sure.
    But I'm having really crazy busy weeks right now, can't wait to have a few days off, I'm exhausted. I was planning on using my long commute to post more often and even did take a plan with a huge 4G data but unfortunately it doesn't work on my train and I can sometimes get a few minutes of connection to read a few posts but can't send anything. I even tried an other provider, same thing. So frustrating!
    So I use the time in the train to prepare for an exam I will take in December, Law school was in an other life, I did use some of the knowledge but never really worked in that field so I'm preparing for an exam working on Criminal procedure and I have a lot to learn since it changed so much in the last 20 years. New challenges are a little stressful but I like to learn, it's a change compare to nutrition :-). I honestly don't think I will pass the December exam because I should have started at least to prepare one year before the exam, but at least it will be a good test to see where I am at...and then focus on my mistakes and improve for next year...live and learn...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Congrats Sandra!!! I knew you would do better with better access to good nutrition. I am so happy for you! And that is awesome that you will be able to get the skin removal surgeries as well. You have lost a lot and deserve it. I am fortunate enough for mine to not be too bad. Although I would really like a small boob job. My poor boobies are little sad sacks right now. So that would probably be the one thing I do when I can afford it. Keep us posted. So glad to hear you are doing so well. I've missed you!
    I miss you too Christie!
    My "own time" has been really limited lately, I had a few more hours this week because it's the school holidays and the kiddos went spend some time with their grandparents in the South. But they come back in two hours! Regarding the skin, it got worth with the last pounds gone and my legs look really terrible but I'm (almost) fine with it, I never really liked skirts anyway, especially since I became obese 21 years ago.
    My boobies are a little deflated too but so far not that bad (compare to the awful bat-wings). Wearing the right size bra does help a lot and I changed it several times so far, not for the cup size which did stay the same(still C or B depending on the cut of the bra) but I went from 42 at my biggest to now 36. I hope you will get the boob job at some point, that will be the cherry on top and you deserve it too!

My surgeries are covered by my insurance but because I'm going to get it done with a very famous professor (that surgeon is also specialized with burned victims and his work is simply amazing, I also saw his work on face lifts it's simply magical! I want him because my skin is really awful) I will have to pay out of pocket anyway because he does charge an extra fee. It's not that much (around 2000 € per surgery) and I did negotiate the price because for the insurance it is considered as "not cosmetic but repair" I was able to get a better deal, the surgeon was nice to accept my offer and understand where I was coming from (This is really needed...and I'm not wealthy...).
    Anyway...I will keep you posted!! XX