Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Feedback-Things That Make You Go Hmmmm-Weekend

Rate this Entry
So I had my feedback session with the hiring manager for the job I did not get. I was very interested to see what I did wrong or why I was not selected. I did find out I knew 2 of the people who were selected and neither of them are people I would consider to be more qualified than myself. Actually quite the opposite. So I had my sit down. It went really well. We talked for about 45 minutes. The first words out of his mouth were "We absolutely loved your energy and enthusiasm. You have great communication skills and you had very solid answers to all of our interview questions. For this round of selections, we found out that the openings were going to be for some of our compliance states that are a bit more difficult to handle so we decided to base our selections on people with any prior medical experience. All of the 6 selected had prior medical experience like medical billing, EMT, and administrative jobs with the medical clinic in the military. I think you would make an excellent addition to our department. We do have more openings coming up in February. I am going to set you up with a mentor in our department that you can sit with once a week to observe so that you will have a better understanding of our department. I would highly encourage you to apply again when the new postings come out after the beginning of the year."
So that was long winded but I was trying to get most of what he said in there. I can tell you that I felt a bit better afterwards about not getting the job. However, I think they may be a bit disappointed with at least 2 of their selections. I guess only time will tell. I know that may sound like pure jealousy but really it is not. I just have knowledge of the way these 2 people did their previous jobs. Other people made the same comments. One that is really close with one of the girls. She said while she absolutely loves her she was surprised she got the position as she is not even proficient in her current role which is easier. The girl who said this did not even apply for the job so it is not jealousy on her part either. And another adjuster who sits near me said the same thing. That she is always on the IM asking for help because she does not know her job. At any rate, it is what it is. It will not stop me from bettering myself and reapplying.
I am happy to report that I am still feeling great and having no issues maintaining my weight. Life really couldn't be any sweeter living the sleeved life. I see so many people stressing about potential complications like hair loss and all I can think is that it is such a minor issue compared to what you get out of this surgery. It is not like the hair loss is permanent. I really hope that people who are considering surgery really read people's personal experiences and make a decision that is right for them. Do not let fear keep you from living this amazing dream life. Read as much as you can. This surgery is a game changer. Don't live with regrets!
Happy Friday all! I am in a super mood because I got to go home early because my daughter needed to be picked up. Can you say weekend started early? Big hugs my friends!

Submit "Feedback-Things That Make You Go Hmmmm-Weekend" to Digg Submit "Feedback-Things That Make You Go Hmmmm-Weekend" to del.icio.us Submit "Feedback-Things That Make You Go Hmmmm-Weekend" to StumbleUpon Submit "Feedback-Things That Make You Go Hmmmm-Weekend" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sounds like you have a good plan going forward at work! February will be here before you know it!

I think the temporary issues like hair loss are well worth the future you can have after surgery!

Thanks as always for sharing! You're so inspiring!
    Sounds like you will be in for the job later Christie. I have seen that a lot where less able people have got the job and im like arrrghhhhh... the other person was better!!! But sometimes its just a workplace culture thing. You'll get it next time.
    I get my sleeve on nov 7 th ..... sooooooo excited. Can you tell lol!!!
    Happy friday or whatever day it is there :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    Sounds like you have a good plan going forward at work! February will be here before you know it!

I think the temporary issues like hair loss are well worth the future you can have after surgery!

Thanks as always for sharing! You're so inspiring!
    Thanks Jen! I know things happen the way they should. I will be ready when my time comes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Sounds like you will be in for the job later Christie. I have seen that a lot where less able people have got the job and im like arrrghhhhh... the other person was better!!! But sometimes its just a workplace culture thing. You'll get it next time.
    I get my sleeve on nov 7 th ..... sooooooo excited. Can you tell lol!!!
    Happy friday or whatever day it is there :-)
    Yeah. I totally get where their mind was but having personal knowledge of those 2 particular employees...I know that they will regret their decision. It is all good, though. I also know that my manager had a talk with the hiring manager about me. I am blessed to have an awesome manager who is 100% behind me and interested in my advancement. He knows what I am capable of and has told me from that I need to apply to continue on. I work hard for him and our team and it does not go unnoticed.
    Yes....not much longer. The waiting is the hardest part. But once you get your surgery it is like a whirlwind romance and the time just flies by.
    So good to hear you got feedback and that your company is supporting you so well to make future advancements.

Sounds like a great company.

Ain't life great?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    So good to hear you got feedback and that your company is supporting you so well to make future advancements.

Sounds like a great company.

Ain't life great?!
    It is. I cannot complain. I can just be so impatient sometimes! But I know there are good things coming my way with my company. And I know that I have to be patient. I will need to find something else to focus on to keep my very overactive mind busy. I am one of those people with a million thoughts going through my head. Thankfully I am not an insomniac.
    Sometimes the best result is waiting for the best fit. You may not have enjoyed the new position but the next one may fit your skill set perfectly. What better way to shine. Not that you would not have done well but after the others don't do well and you come in and excel your performance will be so much more illuminated.

But don't ever not try. 10 years ago I was on a DOJ contract that was coming to an end when a former co-worker asked me if I would be willing to try my hand at network security. I was hesitant because it was not my bailiwick. But I certainly grew into the role.

You will do great in February
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_ryder
    Sometimes the best result is waiting for the best fit. You may not have enjoyed the new position but the next one may fit your skill set perfectly. What better way to shine. Not that you would not have done well but after the others don't do well and you come in and excel your performance will be so much more illuminated.

But don't ever not try. 10 years ago I was on a DOJ contract that was coming to an end when a former co-worker asked me if I would be willing to try my hand at network security. I was hesitant because it was not my bailiwick. But I certainly grew into the role.

You will do great in February
    Thanks Greg. Eventually I will move up to that department. It is the way the career path works for us here. I eventually would like to move out of claims but for now this is the path for me. I do have a plan and an end date with this company if things don't move the way I want them to. I know that I can make more with other companies doing the same thing but this company is number one in the field so I am willing to stick it out a bit. It is considered the number one company to work for in Texas. So....I will bide my time a bit and see what comes. It is a very hard company to get into but I am not afraid to make a leap. I did so 2 years ago when I came to this company. A complete change of career field. Took the bull by the horns. Everyone who got promoted has been with the company a lot longer than I have. So it is what it is. But I am still going to do my thing and not slow down.