Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Tommy1969

Finally - First Major Milestone achieved ((Down 100 lbs))

Rate this Entry
Well, it's about time! I finally hit my first major milestone albeit it took 8 months. I know I would be down more if I could exercise more but I have severe osteoarthritis in my hips. I am looking into stem cell therapy and then if not an option I will need to consider having both hips replaced. However, I will not do that until I lose at least another 80 pounds.

On the bright side, I am walking more, triple the daily average that I was pre-surgery so I am happy about that.

I used to be a gym rat in my youth (Back in my 215lb days) and miss that activity. I have a pool so I do get in there and swim around, stretch, etc..

I am completely OK with this being a journey. This is not a quick fix, it is a life changing event and I am VERY HAPPY that I did it!

The girls are starting to pay more attention to me again, the wifey don't like that!

Best of luck to those about to be sleeved, just sleeved and those well into their journey!

Regards,

Tommy

Submit "Finally - First Major Milestone achieved ((Down 100 lbs))" to Digg Submit "Finally - First Major Milestone achieved ((Down 100 lbs))" to del.icio.us Submit "Finally - First Major Milestone achieved ((Down 100 lbs))" to StumbleUpon Submit "Finally - First Major Milestone achieved ((Down 100 lbs))" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

100 pounds in 8 months is AMAZING! Keep it up (and ignore the girls!).
    Tommy,
    Outstanding. That is such a great accomplishment, lots of hard work and common sense there. I am only 17 days out and look forward to matching your success. It is always nice to do something good for yourself. 100 lbs of loss is a lot. Remember putting 45 lb plates on a weight bar. I always appreciate your commen sense posts. Good luck young man! Keep it up.
    Hahaha. You had me giggling at the girls digging you comment. You rock Tommy!! You keep doing you booboo because you are rocking that sleeve and dropping those pounds. Hoping you are able to get some relief for the osteoarthritis with either stem cell therapy or the replacement if needed. Being in a healthy body is so freaking amazing and even more so when you get to do all the wonderful things a healthy body can do like exercise! So very happy for you! Keep on keeping on! You are a rock star!!
    Congratulations, Tommy. Keep up the fantastic work.
    Great job Tommy, keep plugging along.
    Congrats! That's an amazing milestone to hit!! Best of luck in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    100 pounds in 8 months is AMAZING! Keep it up (and ignore the girls!).
    Thank you, I will try!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Hahaha. You had me giggling at the girls digging you comment. You rock Tommy!! You keep doing you booboo because you are rocking that sleeve and dropping those pounds. Hoping you are able to get some relief for the osteoarthritis with either stem cell therapy or the replacement if needed. Being in a healthy body is so freaking amazing and even more so when you get to do all the wonderful things a healthy body can do like exercise! So very happy for you! Keep on keeping on! You are a rock star!!
    Thank you very much! I tell myself that losing each pound now has more impact on my overall mass than when I was at my original weight. Each pound is more valuable than the last!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheeel21
    Tommy,
    Outstanding. That is such a great accomplishment, lots of hard work and common sense there. I am only 17 days out and look forward to matching your success. It is always nice to do something good for yourself. 100 lbs of loss is a lot. Remember putting 45 lb plates on a weight bar. I always appreciate your commen sense posts. Good luck young man! Keep it up.
    Thank you very much! Yes, I have lost just over 2 cookies!! alright!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RehabNurse
    Congratulations, Tommy. Keep up the fantastic work.
    Thank you very much!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merry Mary
    Great job Tommy, keep plugging along.
    Plug I shall!! Thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer23
    Congrats! That's an amazing milestone to hit!! Best of luck in the future.
    Thank you very much and you as well!!
    Congrats! That is a great milestone!
    Congratulations Tommy! So good. Now pay attention to your wife!! Lol
    Hey Tommy!! congrats!!! I'm happy for you!! such a great milestone for sure!

As you know I had some major issues myself with my joints and losing a little more and trying supplements did help. But my bones are OK, for me it's a ligament issue and there's not much to do in that case. I was offered the PRP solution but since I was overseas it was going to be crazy expensive and I didn't do it at the end because I was feeling better. I hope that being lighter will help you too!! take care!
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    Congrats! That is a great milestone!
    Thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Congratulations Tommy! So good. Now pay attention to your wife!! Lol
    Thanks and yes, Hubba Hubba..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Hey Tommy!! congrats!!! I'm happy for you!! such a great milestone for sure!

As you know I had some major issues myself with my joints and losing a little more and trying supplements did help. But my bones are OK, for me it's a ligament issue and there's not much to do in that case. I was offered the PRP solution but since I was overseas it was going to be crazy expensive and I didn't do it at the end because I was feeling better. I hope that being lighter will help you too!! take care!
    Thank you Sandra, I am hoping they improve, after all I am still 379 pounds. I'll get there!
    Amazing....
    Boy, do you have the right attitude. Keep doing what helps you.

BTW, I do aquarobics 3 times a week (as well as yoga 2X/week and walking), and it is fabulous! Lots of people (both men and women) in the pool who benefit enormously from exercising in the water. It's good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2

BTW, I do aquarobics 3 times a week (as well as yoga 2X/week and walking), and it is fabulous! Lots of people (both men and women) in the pool who benefit enormously from exercising in the water. It's good stuff.

You know the yoga would probably be extremely beneficial. Have you seen the youtube video of the veteran who could not walk without canes and he started to do yoga?? He had to do it all by holding on to furniture and what not in the beginning but eventually he got stronger and then he could eventually walk unassisted. The VA had told him he would never walk again. He lost a ton of weight. It was so inspiring. Maybe that would work for you Tommy? Help with the osteoarthritis?
    Amen! Yoga is for people -- not just women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Thanks Christie, im gonna check it out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2

Thank you, I like the pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by milesjb3
    Amazing....
    Thank you
    Congrats on all your accomplishments!

I’m with you, had I kept up with my exercise routines I probably be less than I am today. Regardless, continue to eat well and choose nutritious foods - great for you and that continued healthy glow but will definitely get you noticed still!

There is little time for gym but I do between 8000-10000 steps a day, starting to tske public transportation so hopefully add more steps to my daily life.

Hugs!
    Tommy... RE Yoga. I used to be a Bikram yoga junkie. I still go to class occasionally now. I actually think it can save peoples lives. That sounds dramatic but, really, it can be quite amazing. A lot of studios do hot yoga and don't always call it Bikram (there have been some unpleasent stuff around Mr Bikram, but concentrate on the method, not the man!).
    There will be a lot of stories of transformation on the web. You just have to be hydrated for these classes so that would be my only caveat. :-)