Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

julieaponte

Almost There! Need advice :)

Rate this Entry
My surgery is set for December 6th for the gastric sleeve and I am so excited! I have been working on this for over a year and it's finally almost here. I'm nervous & excited at the same time. I meet with the surgeon in a few weeks, any suggestions on questions I should ask him? Any hospital tips for packing or what to expect? Any advise is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Submit "Almost There! Need advice :)" to Digg Submit "Almost There! Need advice :)" to del.icio.us Submit "Almost There! Need advice :)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Almost There! Need advice :)" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

They will outline all your restrictions so get all your heavy lifting done before. Also, I just wore sweats and a loose shirt. No makeup or jewelry. Mine was outpatient. Pretty quick really. Take a pillow to lay over your stomach for the ride home. It will make it more comfortable.
    You won't need much of anything for the hospital. I was only there one night. Just wear loose, comfy clothes there that you'll wear home. Shoes that don't need to be tied will help as bending over wasn't easy that first day.

I basically slept in the hospital, and walked a little when I was awake. Didn't even watch TV, so I didn't even bring my computer. I'd say all I needed was chapstick.

Love your attitude and excitement, it will take you far.

Good luck, it's so much fun! Watch some youtube videos about the sleeve, they were so inspirational to me before surgery. Plus this site.
    Agree with the above. Just make sure you have taken some before pics in either a bathing suit or bra and panties and taken measurements. It is the best thing in the world to have that visual journey of where you were and how far you have come. I love looking at my transformation. It makes me so happy!
    I packed a bag and didn't even open it.. I was in for overnight. You will sleep in your hospital gown and next day just put the clothes on your wore there.
    Quote Originally Posted by shellprell
    They will outline all your restrictions so get all your heavy lifting done before. Also, I just wore sweats and a loose shirt. No makeup or jewelry. Mine was outpatient. Pretty quick really. Take a pillow to lay over your stomach for the ride home. It will make it more comfortable.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    You won't need much of anything for the hospital. I was only there one night. Just wear loose, comfy clothes there that you'll wear home. Shoes that don't need to be tied will help as bending over wasn't easy that first day.

I basically slept in the hospital, and walked a little when I was awake. Didn't even watch TV, so I didn't even bring my computer. I'd say all I needed was chapstick.

Love your attitude and excitement, it will take you far.

Good luck, it's so much fun! Watch some youtube videos about the sleeve, they were so inspirational to me before surgery. Plus this site.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Agree with the above. Just make sure you have taken some before pics in either a bathing suit or bra and panties and taken measurements. It is the best thing in the world to have that visual journey of where you were and how far you have come. I love looking at my transformation. It makes me so happy!
    Great idea! I have pictures but in clothes. It will really show the difference in bathing suit. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by belindagale
    I packed a bag and didn't even open it.. I was in for overnight. You will sleep in your hospital gown and next day just put the clothes on your wore there.
    Thanks!