Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

angiimar

Maintaining weightloss!!

Rate this Entry
AHHH so here I am, 14 months post lapband to sleeve revision

whats everyone's tips to maintain and keep it off ? what diets are you on/ following ?

Thoughts on Whole 30 ? Keto ? Weight Watchers?

anyone ever take flax seed oil supplement or apple cider vinegar pills ?

just want to get it in order now so that way I stay where i am!!!

Im weighing in noe at 154 , i want to hit 148 ( which im crazy about ) but it will give me the wiggle room I want and will be happy with !!!

Submit "Maintaining weightloss!!" to Digg Submit "Maintaining weightloss!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Maintaining weightloss!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Maintaining weightloss!!" to Google

Comments

I think most people maintain by remaining sensible and weighing regularly. Taking action as soon as they start to go up at all. (Well having a 5 lb buffer.) I am less far along than you but have been at goal and below since June. I still focus on protein and veggies first. Exercise regularly. Watch my portion sizes. Weigh daily. Take my vitamins.
    What Christie13 says. :-)
    I don't like the word "diet" and I certainly don't wat to spend another dime on Weight Watchers ever again.
    I do eat low carb, and eat my protein and veggies first.
    White carbs (bread, pasta) are sliders foods and trigger foods for me, so I don't eat that anymore.
    But is doesn't feel like a diet to me.
    This way of eating I feel I can maintain for the rest of my life.
    I've written in gory detail about my journey here -- including my first, second and third surgiversary posts. The second and third surgiversary posts give a lot of info about what I've done and am doing to maintain my 100 pound loss 3+ years post-op.

You can find the links in my signature block (at the bottom of any post I've made on this board; I post a lot, so it's easy to find).

Congrats and good luck!
    Obviously the eating plan you need to follow is how you were originally taught to eat with your sleeve: protein first, then veggies, then a little carbs if room. Don't drink after meals. Take your vitamins. Skip the "diets," they never worked for any of us.

I also exercise and weigh myself daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I think most people maintain by remaining sensible and weighing regularly. Taking action as soon as they start to go up at all. (Well having a 5 lb buffer.) I am less far along than you but have been at goal and below since June. I still focus on protein and veggies first. Exercise regularly. Watch my portion sizes. Weigh daily. Take my vitamins.
    so glad to see im not the only one weighing myself all the damn time haha
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSleeve
    What Christie13 says. :-)
    I don't like the word "diet" and I certainly don't wat to spend another dime on Weight Watchers ever again.
    I do eat low carb, and eat my protein and veggies first.
    White carbs (bread, pasta) are sliders foods and trigger foods for me, so I don't eat that anymore.
    But is doesn't feel like a diet to me.
    This way of eating I feel I can maintain for the rest of my life.
    im deffinitly still watching and following my sleeve rules, just wanted to know from people what they find helped and what about cravings ?
    Personally I didn't get the sleeve to keep using "diets" or deprive myself.
    I've maintained my loss for over 5 years with still eating smaller portions 5 - 6 times a day, protein - eggs with cheese etc for my breakfast then pretty much whatever I want. I know I am farther out but if I want steak I have it, pizza, whatever. I was very very strict probably the first year but not so much after that. I was at the doctors yesterday for just a yearly checkup and was within 3 pounds of what I thought I was. I don't get on the scale more than two times a month anymore. I let my jeans decide if I need to cut back a bit.
    I am happy to say I have no cravings (yet).
    I am eating 3 meals per day with 3 healthy snacks in between.
    That helps to keep my bloodsugars level, so I don't feel the need to graze.
    In addition to that I drink around 100 fl oz per day.
    That does the trick for me so far.