Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Nashville Bound-Life Goes On-Counting My Blessings-

Rate this Entry
So first let me get the bad news out of the way. I did not get one of the 6 positions. I will be having a feedback session with the hiring managers sometime after my trip so I will know more then. My current manager was quite disappointed as he feels like I am highly qualified for the position. He is also eager to see what feedback they give me. I was disappointed but know that even getting an interview was an accomplishment. I know many people who did not get one and they have been with the company a lot longer than I have. Both of the girls I knew who were also interviewed did not get it either. So my misery is at least in good company. I really can't complain as I have only been with the company 2 years and 3 months and have already been promoted once. The one girl has been with the company just 3 months longer than myself and we were promoted out of our previous department at the same time. That is actually when we met last July during training. I know she is pretty amazing and didn't get it so there had to be some really awesome candidates in the interviews. I know a lot of the people that were interviewed have been with the company quite a few years and all of that goes into consideration when making final selections. So counting my blessings.
I am on my way to Nashville bright and early tomorrow morning. Have to get up at 445 am and yet here I am blogging and watching some Pretty Little Liars (yes I know...I am behind. Just started the series this year and am almost done with season 4) at 11 PM. Good thing is that I have no issues with sleeping on an airplane. The joy of being 4'11"....plenty of room. Especially in my new sleeve body.
I am pretty excited to see my friends from high school tomorrow. I graduated from a base school in Italy. We try to get together once a year, usually Vegas, but occasionally choose an alternate location like this year. Nashville ended up being more expensive than anticipated so a lot of people bailed. We are still going to have about 16 people, though. Not too bad. We do all years since our school was small. We had like 300 kids from 7th to 12th grade. Funny thing is that my year (91) usually always has the most people and this year is no exception. This is probably our smallest one and I believe our largest reunion was 2009 or 2010 in Vegas where over 100 people showed up! As military brats, we all share an amazing bond. It is really hard to describe. Even if we did not know each other in school we have instant bonds. Two of the girls coming were class of 84 and I met them at the San Antonio reunion in 2011. We have been close friends since. It is the weirdest thing to explain our Aviano Italy brat bond.
I am so ready to have 3 days of mindless fun and great memories. Will definitely get my mind off the job. Not giving up...I know my time will come! In the mean time, padding that resume with more education since my company pays for it anyways! Hope all you lovelies have an excellent weekend. You won't see me for a few days but don't be worried...I will be having a blast! Hugs!!

Submit "Nashville Bound-Life Goes On-Counting My Blessings-" to Digg Submit "Nashville Bound-Life Goes On-Counting My Blessings-" to del.icio.us Submit "Nashville Bound-Life Goes On-Counting My Blessings-" to StumbleUpon Submit "Nashville Bound-Life Goes On-Counting My Blessings-" to Google

Comments

So sorry you didnt get it Christie but you sound like you were an excellent candidate and highly qualified. Sometimes its just the fact that there are only so many jobs and a lot of good candidates. this is all excellent practice for next time. Let the dissapointment go as you are clearly a star anyway! Sounds like youre gonna have fun over the next few days, let your hair down! Hugs xx
    Christie, you've got the magic. So many things you're doing right. Everything, in fact. Especially looking at the positive side of all outcomes.

Hey, lucky things can happen! I once got a full fellowship for grad school because the guy who'd won it (I didn't even know about the fellowship or compete for it) had to turn it down after accepting it, and I just happened to be around in the summer session when the deans were looking around for someone to give it to who would be starting in the fall.

Luck is often (as my hubby says) "Preparation meets opportunity!" But sometimes there's a big ole dash of serendipitous good fortune in that formula.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    So sorry you didnt get it Christie but you sound like you were an excellent candidate and highly qualified. Sometimes its just the fact that there are only so many jobs and a lot of good candidates. this is all excellent practice for next time. Let the dissapointment go as you are clearly a star anyway! Sounds like youre gonna have fun over the next few days, let your hair down! Hugs xx
    Thanks Stacey! I really can't complain. I know several people who applied and did not even make it to the interview phase and they have been with the company much longer than I have. Like I said, this is a highly competitive company. We are ranked number 1 employer in Texas. We are always high on all the power lists like JD Powers surveys, Fortune 500, etc. Also it is hard to even get your foot in the door and I was blessed to get in on my first try. I know my time will come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Christie, you've got the magic. So many things you're doing right. Everything, in fact. Especially looking at the positive side of all outcomes.

Hey, lucky things can happen! I once got a full fellowship for grad school because the guy who'd won it (I didn't even know about the fellowship or compete for it) had to turn it down after accepting it, and I just happened to be around in the summer session when the deans were looking around for someone to give it to who would be starting in the fall.

Luck is often (as my hubby says) "Preparation meets opportunity!" But sometimes there's a big ole dash of serendipitous good fortune in that formula.
    You are so right Ann. I know my time will come and it is so much that goes into it. I will get my promotion when the time is right. I am blessed beyond measure to even get an interview when so many others didn't even get that opportunity!
    Stay in good spirits about the job, sounds amazing for everyone that was even interviewed. Any interview, regardless of whether you got the job or not, is still experience and puts your name out there showing that you are interested and committed to the company. I hope your time in Nashville is wonderful!!!
    Girl look how far you have come, you have come so far, this might seem a bump in the road, I praying for you, I know one time, I had 3 job interviews for one job I applied for 3 times and the 3rd time I got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Thanks Stacey! I really can't complain. I know several people who applied and did not even make it to the interview phase and they have been with the company much longer than I have. Like I said, this is a highly competitive company. We are ranked number 1 employer in Texas. We are always high on all the power lists like JD Powers surveys, Fortune 500, etc. Also it is hard to even get your foot in the door and I was blessed to get in on my first try. I know my time will come.
    It will! 🙂
    Quote Originally Posted by astallons
    Stay in good spirits about the job, sounds amazing for everyone that was even interviewed. Any interview, regardless of whether you got the job or not, is still experience and puts your name out there showing that you are interested and committed to the company. I hope your time in Nashville is wonderful!!!
    Absolutely! And Nashville was so much fun. We did so much in just a few days. It was great catching up in my new, thin, healthy body!!