Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Dawnislas

13 Months Today

Rate this Entry
Did not realize it but today is my 13 month anniversary of my sleeve. I still have about 21 lbs to lose but I am so happy with so many things in my life. I have really ramped up the exercise going to the YMCA at least 3 times weekly and even running! yes running on the treadmill. Now it is only .15-.20 distance @ 4 mph speed but I am doing it and not dying or worse falling down after. I can do this several times during my 45-60 minute walk. At 56 years of age I am proud of my accomplishment. I can do elliptical for 5 miles and one hour and I am noticing my apron is getting smaller. I do weights, 100 sit ups and various machines to work my bat wings. I can wear size 8-10 pants and medium-large tops. My life is pretty good.

I will say however, I have given in to the sweet monster that lives inside of me and that is not good. I am thinking about going on the Back on Track (BOT) program to get myself back in control. I have started a routine of buying fresh fruits that I have never eaten (pears, apples, etc) each week at the grocery store to broaden my food choices. I'm not sure why my family never ate much fresh fruits or vegetables but I am trying to change that for myself.

Still no medications and more energy than I remember having in a long time. My hair is still falling out but thanks to 20,000 mg of Biotin, Nioxin shampoo, conditioner, and minoxidil more hair is growing back in at the same time. It is kind of a mess though with little hairs sticking up all over making me look like I stuck my finger in a light socket and have never let go

Bottom line though is that I am healthier than I have been in years and no longer ashamed of I how I look. Even if I do not get to my goal weight, I am so happy that I was able to make this life change.

Submit "13 Months Today" to Digg Submit "13 Months Today" to del.icio.us Submit "13 Months Today" to StumbleUpon Submit "13 Months Today" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Happy anniversary! Sounds like you are doing great and recognizing your weaknesses and getting them under control. Self awareness is a wonderful thing. Good luck!