Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

11 Month Surgiversary-96 lbs gone-Loving the Sleeved Life-Interview-Weekend Get Away

Rate this Entry
My oh my! Where has the time gone?? I cannot believe it has been 11 months since I have been living the sleeved dream. My surgery has gone way better than I could have ever dreamed. I had no complications during the surgery itself. My only issue post op was constipation. That lasted until right before 10 months. Now it is all gone and I feel awesome! I have lost 96 lbs off of my 4'11" frame. (That is 9 lbs under my goal weight....which I was afraid I would not reach!!!) I weigh more than I did in HS but I think size wise I am the same. If I did not have the loose skin I think I might actually be smaller?! Not sure. That was a long time ago.
At the last football game for my daughter's school I saw my daughter as she was getting back on the Pep Squad bus. I yelled something silly at her. When I went to the school to pick her up she was gushing at how her teammates were saying things like, "Your mom is so cute and tiny." I could see that she was proud. That made me feel amazing. I am not the fat mom. The frumpy mom. I am the cute and tiny mom. Coming from HS girls that is a huge compliment.
I have a big day at work tomorrow. I have an interview to promote up. So keep me in your thoughts and prayers for some good luck. I will let you know the outcome when I do. Hoping it all goes well and I get the promotion. I work in a job that is highly competitive as it is a top company in the business. We are always #1 in JD Powers surveys and all sorts of other fabulous lists to be on including #1 employer to work for in Texas. So...everyone who is going to be interviewed is highly educated and a top performer. Nervous but know I have only been with the company 2 years and have already been promoted once. It is an honor just to even get an interview as a lot of people do not even make the list. Over 250 applied for the 8 positions opened. So....send me all your positive vibes that I can cinch one of the positions.
My running has hit a small snag. My knee was hurting. I got a support brace and that helped quite a bit. So I am tapering off a bit to give it some rest but still logging some miles as the half marathon is fast approaching. I am soooo excited about that. I love all the wonderful accomplishments since being sleeved and that is a big one on my list. It is like December cannot come here fast enough. It will be my proud as a peacock moment and I will be sure to post pictures.
Have a little mini reunion with some HS friends coming up in a week and a half. We are meeting up in Nashville for some fun. I have never been to Nashville so I am pretty excited. Just going for the weekend. We will be going to the Grand Ol'Opry. So excited. The wonderful thing about having such a supportive husband is that he has lost about 30 lbs since my surgery. So when people see my weight loss it will just look like my husband and I have decided to get healthy together. They are less likely to suspect surgery since we are both so much fitter and healthier.
You know what amazes me?? Here I am 11 months post op. I am happy, healthy, and fit. I live a normal life, other than smaller portions. I can socialize and no one knows I am living the sleeved dream. I feel like Christie 2.0....NEW AND IMPROVED!!!

Submit "11 Month Surgiversary-96 lbs gone-Loving the Sleeved Life-Interview-Weekend Get Away" to Digg Submit "11 Month Surgiversary-96 lbs gone-Loving the Sleeved Life-Interview-Weekend Get Away" to del.icio.us Submit "11 Month Surgiversary-96 lbs gone-Loving the Sleeved Life-Interview-Weekend Get Away" to StumbleUpon Submit "11 Month Surgiversary-96 lbs gone-Loving the Sleeved Life-Interview-Weekend Get Away" to Google

Comments

Sending prayers and good vibes your way for the interview!!! Nashville is great, you will love it! So much to do!! It's only about 60-70 miles away from where I live, so that's where we go to have a fun weekend or holiday shopping. Enjoy yourself!! You deserve it!
    Congrats on on your hard work and success!!! Love hearing about it!
    I have a 1sr grader and a 7th grader and I love that I'm not the "fat mom" especially in a town where there are a lot of fit mamas
    Congrats to you!
    Way to go Christie! AWESOME, AWESOME and AWESOME! You deserve all the good things that are coming your way! I wish you the BEST of luck with your interview for promotion and again thank you for being such a great support on this site. You are helping many people! Make sure you go to Tootsie's when in Nashville! You will love that town. I went there for a football game a few years back, people are fantastic and so much fun to he had.

And lastly, what the heck is the matter with our Cowboys!!?? Switzer has got to hang on to that ball dangit....
    xoxoxo

Respect, Christie!

And let us know how the interview went.
    Quote Originally Posted by astallons
    Sending prayers and good vibes your way for the interview!!! Nashville is great, you will love it! So much to do!! It's only about 60-70 miles away from where I live, so that's where we go to have a fun weekend or holiday shopping. Enjoy yourself!! You deserve it!
    Thank you! I feel like it went well and will know next week. I am excited about Nashville. Hope you are having a great week!
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    Congrats on on your hard work and success!!! Love hearing about it!
    Thank you Jen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydensmomma
    I have a 1sr grader and a 7th grader and I love that I'm not the "fat mom" especially in a town where there are a lot of fit mamas
    Congrats to you!
    Yes. It is so hard to compare yourself to the fit moms that seem to have it together. Now we get to be those moms!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy1969
    Way to go Christie! AWESOME, AWESOME and AWESOME! You deserve all the good things that are coming your way! I wish you the BEST of luck with your interview for promotion and again thank you for being such a great support on this site. You are helping many people! Make sure you go to Tootsie's when in Nashville! You will love that town. I went there for a football game a few years back, people are fantastic and so much fun to he had.

And lastly, what the heck is the matter with our Cowboys!!?? Switzer has got to hang on to that ball dangit....
    Thanks Tommy! I think it went well and will know in about a week. I will definitely look up Tootsie's. I am pretty stoked to be going. And please don't get me started on the Cowboys. Watching the is like a face smack sometimes. Yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    xoxoxo

Respect, Christie!

And let us know how the interview went.
    Thanks Ann. I feel like it went really well. I will know in a week. So I was informed today during the interview that over 250 applied and they only interviewed 25 for 6 positions. So if I get one, I will be ecstatic. It was honestly a privilege to even get interviewed. So fingers crossed!!
    I will tell you what is wrong with the Cowboys, they are the Cowboys. HTTR!! LOL.
    This is such a great blog post! I am so happy for you Christie and yes you are cute and tiny and fit!!! so good :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_ryder
    I will tell you what is wrong with the Cowboys, they are the Cowboys. HTTR!! LOL.
    Hey now!!! Don't make me get you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    This is such a great blog post! I am so happy for you Christie and yes you are cute and tiny and fit!!! so good :-)
    Thank you Stacey. I have noticed that my abs are soooo tight from running. I guess that arm swinging motion whittles the waist. It's like I do a ton of sit ups but I don't do any. LOL. Running for the win!!!
    Great job! You should be proud. With my surgery around the corner, I am looking for that energy to begin working out again and looking forward to not being the fattest person in the room.
    Quote Originally Posted by tracey111
    Great job! You should be proud. With my surgery around the corner, I am looking for that energy to begin working out again and looking forward to not being the fattest person in the room.
    It is so amazing to not only not be the fattest person in the room but often to be the thinnest! It is great!!! Lifestyle changes and I am NEVER going back. I weigh myself every morning and night so I know I will spring into action if I see myself gaining weight. I have a 5 pound buffer that if I go above that I will make myself go back to basics.