Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Losinglbs2gainlife

End of Sept

Rate this Entry
So it's taken me a few weeks to get in the swing of things. Trying to live normal life but with the twist of being sleeved. I eat like my 2 year old. A mainstay has been puréed or finely chipped chicken salad, popsicle, soup, bananas. In this phase it's supposed to be puréed. I'm moving slowly to soft foods. Still not liking protein shakes. So I'm struggling to get in enough calories. I'm very happy with my decision. At the end of Sept I was down 20 lbs and had the surgery on Sept 13. 20 down, 50 to go! I am convinced that with Gods help, the returning confidence in myself and my ability, and with the sleeve, I can and will do this!

Submit "End of Sept" to Digg Submit "End of Sept" to del.icio.us Submit "End of Sept" to StumbleUpon Submit "End of Sept" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations on your weightloss. You are doing a good job following the program. They do make a unflavored protein drink that you can buy and make your own smoothie and add a scoop. I have some and it works great with a smoothie. You can use greek yogurt thats high in protein and had some fruit, Nonfat milk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk,honey or splenda. Blend than add some ice and blend. keep up the good work.
    Congrats!! It will get better. Before you know it you can be in social settings and eat and be relatively normal. You will eat less than your counterparts but you will be able to eat and enjoy life. I will be 11 months tomorrow and I can eat pretty much anything...in small amounts but not so small that people stare.
    Some additional protein soft/pureed foods Oikos Triple Zero Greek yogurt, creamed soups made with nonfat milk (I prefer Fa!rlife milk. It has more protein, less sugar, and is lactose free), pureed up beans, any meat with broth pureed up in blender or food processor, eggs, tuna/egg/or chicken salad etc. Good luck getting more protein in.
    Congrats! So happy for you! I cannot wait to get on the scale. I am only four days post op! Hoping for quick results.
    I'm so happy for you!!!! You're doing so well!!!!