Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

blondie11.11

7 Days and Counting!

Rate this Entry
I am 7 days out today and nerves are getting the best of me. I am starting to experience stomach acid and lack of sleep. I have caught a cold just a week ago and not getting much rest is starting to make my cold get worse. I have to get rid of the cold to go to Mexico to get this procedure done. I am lucky enough to have Brandi joining me as she has gone through the surgery 2 years ago and has lost 150 lbs - that is a Success Story in itself! She looks amazing and will be a huge help getting me through this process. She will be there to help make sure I don't drink too much water and she will be there to get up and get moving to start getting the gasses out of my tummy.

I also have the pleasure of another friend of mine who has scheduled her surgery on the same day as mine and we will be sharing a recovery room together! How exciting is that!? Someone who has the surgery on the SAME DAY as I do so we can go through our experiences and this Journey together!

I am counting down the days... 7 to go! Confirmed our flights, bag already packed, cash in hand and ready for that morning to wake up and GO! Can't wait to walk through this and share my experience online as I go through the up's and down's to document the struggles, accomplishments and feelings behind what this process is about. Excited... and nervous... but Excited most of all!
~ Carol

Submit "7 Days and Counting!" to Digg Submit "7 Days and Counting!" to del.icio.us Submit "7 Days and Counting!" to StumbleUpon Submit "7 Days and Counting!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yay Carol!! You are going to have an awesome surgery! That is great to have a surgery twin that you can share all of this with and a veteran sleever to help you out as well. I know what you mean, I felt the same way a week out. Mostly excited. I swear it took forever to get to surgery day but once you are sleeved and the pounds start to melt off it just flies by. I will be 11 months post op on the 3rd and I can't believe how fast it has gone. Loving my sleeved life!!! Wishing you a speedy recovery! Hope you get rid of that cold.
    Hey Blondie, this is Scott who was in your group this weekend hope you the best
    How are you going blondie??? Best wishes :-)
    Scott! I am doing better now that we are getting further away from our surgery date. I had one of my incision areas not hold and ripped open yesterday so I ran to my doctor first thing in the morning and hopefully he put a glue and some strips on it to hold it together to ensure it will close. I am struggling with energy levels right now. I sit at my job all day but by the time I get home and fix dinner for the boys - I feel I am ready for bed. I used to be a night owl and now I am asleep by 9m every night. It's a different life for me. I've lost 18.4 lbs so far since our surgery date of 10/05. Happy about that but no one will really be able to tell the difference until I lose another 25 or so. Soon enough it will happen!

How are you Scott!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    How are you going blondie??? Best wishes :-)
    Stacey, doing great! wished I had a bit more energy but really enjoying not being hungry at all and feeling like I am forcing water and liquid protein in me as that's my new "normal". I feel like I am in-taking all day so it's my new health regimen hobby I love it! Thanks for checking in on me - I am down 18.4 lbs since surgery!