Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JLPSch

Time to Get Mindful Again

Rate this Entry
With the food holidays fast approaching, it's time to get mindful about eating. After I inhaled a cookie yesterday and felt horrible, I wrote a blog post about it and what I need to do the next few months.

No matter how far out you are from surgery, I think it's essential to always be aware of what and WHY you're eating. Here's my latest post:

https://downthescale.com/2017/09/26/cookie-regrets/

Take care,
Jen

Submit "Time to Get Mindful Again" to Digg Submit "Time to Get Mindful Again" to del.icio.us Submit "Time to Get Mindful Again" to StumbleUpon Submit "Time to Get Mindful Again" to Google

Comments

Nice blog
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    Nice blog
    Thank you!!
    Great blog! You are inspiring to me. I appreciate your honesty.
    Mary
    Jen, you're confronting some good stuff. My own third surgiversary was mid-August.

One thing I am changing up in Year Four is that I'm committing to eat 8 fruits and veggies daily this year, and I'm usually making that target. (Last year's goal was 6, and I usually hit 5.)

I'm finding that the extra V/Fs are dulling my sweet tooth. I still have some daily food treats (usually one small glass of wine and one biscotti), but nighttime cravings are much more rare. Just some food for thought for you to consider.

BTW, I have a friend who many years ago lost 100 pounds on WW and has maintained her weight loss for nearly 20 years. One of her maintenance mantras is, "I maintain easily because I focus on eating healthy foods instead of focusing on not eating unhealthy foods." It was a subtle distinction that worked well for her, and I've never forgotten it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTMiller
    Great blog! You are inspiring to me. I appreciate your honesty.
    Mary
    Thanks so much, Mary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Jen, you're confronting some good stuff. My own third surgiversary was mid-August.

One thing I am changing up in Year Four is that I'm committing to eat 8 fruits and veggies daily this year, and I'm usually making that target. (Last year's goal was 6, and I usually hit 5.)

I'm finding that the extra V/Fs are dulling my sweet tooth. I still have some daily food treats (usually one small glass of wine and one biscotti), but nighttime cravings are much more rare. Just some food for thought for you to consider.

BTW, I have a friend who many years ago lost 100 pounds on WW and has maintained her weight loss for nearly 20 years. One of her maintenance mantras is, "I maintain easily because I focus on eating healthy foods instead of focusing on not eating unhealthy foods." It was a subtle distinction that worked well for her, and I've never forgotten it.
    Thank you, Ann! I always love to hear your advice!

I like the idea on concentrating on more fruits and veggies. I'm also trying to focus back on protein again. Back to basics!
    I hear you about the sweets. If I let myself...I could inhale them as well. I have also found that allowing myself something small daily helps quash those constant cravings. I like the dove dark chocolate bites. I can eat one...I suck on it so I can savor it longer and it works for me. I know with the holidays coming and being able to eat more now I will also have to focus on mindful eating as well. Thank you for the reminder Jen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I hear you about the sweets. If I let myself...I could inhale them as well. I have also found that allowing myself something small daily helps quash those constant cravings. I like the dove dark chocolate bites. I can eat one...I suck on it so I can savor it longer and it works for me. I know with the holidays coming and being able to eat more now I will also have to focus on mindful eating as well. Thank you for the reminder Jen.

I love the idea of a small daily treat. If I try to cut something out completely, I just want it more. Thanks, Christie!
    Yes, thanks for being real, I know my down fall is sweets, and I need to watch them....
    Quote Originally Posted by jennak89
    Yes, thanks for being real, I know my down fall is sweets, and I need to watch them....

Thanks! Being honest with myself isn't easy, but I find it gets be back on track!
    A cookie? It doesn't happen often, but if I want a cookie I sure don't feel guilty about it. I am not on a diet. Diets never worked for me.