Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Laurel2313

Surgery

Rate this Entry
I posted my situation of having an invasive surgery for diverticulitis and a fistula dated 9-3-17. I was admitted to Cooper hospital in NJ which is an hour away from me. I spent 7 days there with an infection/diverticulitis. They were going to do the surgery but decided they would wait until the infection cleared up. The reason I had to travel so far is no one will do this invasive surgery where I live. So, I'm discharged with antibiotics and after 2 weeks I did my follow up with my surgeon to get my date for surgery. When I arrived I was met by his assistant not the surgeon. After a list of 10 questions, the last being, should I talk to the surgeon? She proceeds to call my surgeon who states "oh yes, I remember her, tell her she needs to lose another 50 lbs before I do the surgery". I started to cry and told the assistant, there's a hole in my bladder which I have constant UTI's and it triggers the diverticulitis. I asked; "what do I do in the meantime"? She said go on antibiotics. I am so discouraged. Not only do I have a hold in the bladder, diverticulitis can cause a perforation in colon...very dangerous and life threatening. I have lost 6 lbs since my appointment of 9-12-17 making it 44 lbs. to lose. I am at 264 now. I have been literally bed ridden since my hospital stay due to my back and knee going out. Doing the best I can. Thanks for letting me vent everyone!

Submit "Surgery" to Digg Submit "Surgery" to del.icio.us Submit "Surgery" to StumbleUpon Submit "Surgery" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I think maybe you need a second opinion.
    Thank you Linda for your comment! I checked into a new doctor and what do you know, he's part of the same group of surgeons as mine. "Back to the drawing board"!
    Boo!! I really don't like that. Seems very cold and mean in my book. Is there no one else you can go to?? I really hope you can find someone. That is terrible for them to make you wait. Hope you feel better soon. Big hugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Boo!! I really don't like that. Seems very cold and mean in my book. Is there no one else you can go to?? I really hope you can find someone. That is terrible for them to make you wait. Hope you feel better soon. Big hugs.
    Thank you Christie13! Trying to research. I'm going into depression, trying to keep my spirits up. I now am suffering again and the surgeons might not have a choice but to operate. Thank you for ALWAYS responding to me and your "big hugs"! It means everything to me!! I will post with my progress. Thank you again!