Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

astallons

Stupid Stitch

Rate this Entry
I am post op day 8 and would feel perfect if it weren't for this one internal stitch that I apparently pulled or something. (The nurse assured me that it's not popped loose). Apparently about 3-4 inches below the largest incision (where they pull the stomach out) they have a stitch that attaches to the muscle wall. Well on Sunday I did quite a bit around the house and I guess I over did it and pulled that stitch when I was laying down to rest. I felt it when I was laying down and it felt like a rubber band stretched to its limits. I never felt it pop so I guess the nurse is right. But that one stitch has halted the rest of my progress. I can no longer get out of bed by myself. I'm not walking anywhere near as well as I was. I can't bend down or put too much pressure on my left leg. I'm not normally a whiny baby about things, but I'm struggling.

On the positive side. I have lost 15pds since surgery. :-) My husband says that if he had known this surgery would have stopped my snoring so quickly he would have made me have it a long time ago!!! (I told him not to get too happy, I'm sleeping propped up quite a bit, so snoring may come back for a while). People have already started commenting on how thin my face has become!! I feel great!! EXCEPT for that stupid stitch!!!!

Submit "Stupid Stitch" to Digg Submit "Stupid Stitch" to del.icio.us Submit "Stupid Stitch" to StumbleUpon Submit "Stupid Stitch" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations on your new life and yes, doesn't it feel so great to see the weight come off! On the other hand what were you thinking by doing allot around the house? Even though you feel great you need to remember you just had a major surgery and your body needs rest above anything else. I don't know what exactly you were doing but housework and laundry needs to wait. Proper healing is the most important part of this surgery as well as following the post op eating instructions to a "T". You have to remember they just took 3/4 of your stomach out of your body and your body is trying to figure out what the heck just happened. For the first couple of weeks your not supposed to lift anything over I think it was 5 or 10 pounds. You need to be extra careful bending too so my advice is take advantage of the fact that right now you have a major excuse to lay around and do absolutely nothing. Your Husband needs to take over your duties for a bit and the one thing you should be doing is walking, sleeping and eating properly and that's about it. I really do hope you feel better soon and this pain that you are in goes away. Also everyone heals differently, some can go back to work after 7 days or so and other people it may take 3 to 4 weeks. It all depends on the individual, for me I was down and out for about 4 weeks which stunk but it's what I needed to fully recuperate. It was a long haul but I'm the type of person that takes a long time to get back to normal after I've had any type of surgery. Good luck with everything and enjoy the weight loss "your going to love the end result"!
    Oh no, I wasn't doing housework or anything, but I was up and down a lot from my chair and walking a lot. (Like a whole lot!!). I also was in and out of vehicles several times also which probably did the damage since all of our vehicles are either taller SUV's or large trucks. My husband and kids and family have done wonderfully helping around the house.
    Ouch. Hopefully that heals quickly. Chin up and take it easy. You don't want to hurt yourself. Give your body some TLC.