Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

macaleigh

Am I doing this right?

Rate this Entry
I had my sleeve on July 18th, 2017. I am 9 weeks post op. My highest weight was 222, surgery weight day I weighed in at 210 and I am 190.8. I have been following the diet to a T. My sister who had the sleeve surgery done a few years ago eats cheetos, drinks soda and ate crap food and the weight just FELL off. She started at 225 and is now at 143.

For me, yesterday I had a protein shake, two quest bars and a few bites of chicken salad. In total about 750-800 calories. My doctor told me to stay between 800 and 1000 calories but the weight is sloooooooooow to come off.

I have read others that are eating between 300-400 calories a day and it's working but my doctor says NO to that as it throws your body into starvation mode. Can y'all tell me your input on this? Should I lower my calories anyway??

I'm feeling very discouraged today and really don't know if I should be eating more or less...

Thanks for your help!

Submit "Am I doing this right?" to Digg Submit "Am I doing this right?" to del.icio.us Submit "Am I doing this right?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Am I doing this right?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

First of all try not to be discouraged. If your doing what the doctor says then the weight will come off. Your body is a little confused, years of eating a certain way stopped. You will loose, your starting weight wasn't top high, it seems the higher the SW the faster people loose.
    Have you started to exercise? I wouldn't lessen the calorie intake but you can start burning off the calories. Do not compare your journey to your sisters. If she is eating all junk the weight will start creeping up.
    I've also read that switching up your diet can help jump start.....for example if every day you eat the same things then change it up for a few days, some people increase their calorie intake for a few days then they go back down and start loosing. I was in a stall once, ate the same exact things and exercising the same way, so I stopped exercising for a few days and ate more calories and then I started to loose. Strange.....but that's what happened. Remember how long it took to get to your highest weight, it's only been 9 weeks. It will happen, the weight will drop.
    Everyone's path is different. Mix it up, eat more, push protein, and also have a little of something you crave. Exercise is also key. The scale will start to move in the right direction. Keep going.
    exactly one person like me who use to eat as much as i could in one sitting unsure where the next came from or having three full big meals is different then someone who eats junk food also .. your metabolism is different height weight distribution etc.. so worry about you and your still early stages who knows one month you may loose alot next 1 or 2lbs but remember key is end of year your not another size up or 5lbs+ higher
    you can do it and remember key is doing it for you not others also hugs
    I too am losing weight slowly, but I think that's because I am doing it right...focusing on protein and not overeating. If someone is eating all junk, I would wonder if they're not losing muscle in addition to fat. You sound like you're doing great.
    My suggestion is to stop the quest bars and eat real food. I don't think protein bars or drinks really have as much protein as they claim. It looks like you're getting about 60 grams of protein total and almost all of it from shakes or bars. Try yogurt, lentils, eggs, cottage cheese etc. If what you're doing isn't working, then change what you're doing.

Don't compare yourself with anyone else
    Agree with Merry Mary! You need real food. I would stay away from protein bars. I only used those in a pinch. I even only used the shakes if I had trouble getting my protein in. You will feel much better and it gives your body better nutrients. And your journey is yours alone. Comparing yourself to others will only stress you out.
    I also agree about the protein bars, you need more real food. Its a little nerve racking trying to figure it out I get it, we all do. But you need to 100% the effort into prepping. Trial and error what works. I have a child who plays competitive hockey and I have to make sure I have real food with me at all times. I can't live on the protein bars, not to mention I really don't even like them. I do have them just in case but I try and stay away from them. I eat alot of eggs and meats right now. I had my surgery done July 20th and I've lost a pound a day since. I'm down 60 pounds. But I was also heavier then you were. I also work out every morning at 5am except on the weekends because I simply do not have time with my sons schedule.
    I'm also one of those cheeto eating junk food junkies where the weight just fell off. I never exercised once, and I ate anything and everything I wanted. I'll be three years post op November 4th. Same for my mother, daughter, and father. We all lost all the weight while still eating whatever we wanted. My sister and niece (both have since passed) had the bypass, they also lost all the weight while not changing their ways. In fact, all of us are under our recommended weight. It's pretty bizarre.