Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

16-Month Post-Op Check-In

Rate this Entry
Folks,

Today of all days I was rudely reminded that I have a built-in alarm. I think I did not wash my coffee container properly and left soap in it. There was a bitter perfume taste and because I needed my fix of coffee and did not want to waste it or had time to make another at 6 am, I drank it. About five minutes later I was in agony, my stomach felt like it did a few weeks post op, like it curled and twisted in pain.

Well, that stopped me dead in my tracks and spent a good hour trying to relax and that worked.

This week, I was going to head out to meet up with my life-partner, but I just canceled my flight due to some flight concerns especially with the travel warnings. We extend it to end of October, which is good and bad. The good is that I do not have to miss any classes, but the bad is bad - for the last seven years he has been my source of emotional support and my number one cheerleader. Sometimes it feels like I am over my head and drowning. So much pulls and pushes going on at the same time. My 4th grandbaby was born last week, he is a beautiful boy!

I have continued to practice mindfulness in the way I live and eat. I prepare most of my meals. I am extremely blessed to be in a grad program that provides us with full equipped study/breakroom, free bottled water, and coffee and tea!
Often there are free snacks, but none that really help keep me in keeping carbs down. I am making better choices than not.

I am maintaining at 169lbs-172lbs, and that is a huge relief! given that I have not been to the gym in over a month! I am walking a fair amount most days, but I have not exceeded 10,000 steps except a few days.

My goal is to stay sane this month. If I can lose a pound or two it will be an added bonus!

Come on 165lbs!!!

I apparently may need to get a CA driver license for my practicum, but I am delaying it as much as possible! I want to be able to say I am 165lbs on my new DL! BTW, my passport picture does not look like my current self, and when we came back from Europe last month, it was hilarious to see the agents do a double take Ha!

I am still so grateful for the new lease on life the Sleeve has given me! so much easier not carrying those extra 78+lbs around with me!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baby Juda1.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	459.1 KB 
ID:	27059
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USC game.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	27060

Submit "16-Month Post-Op Check-In" to Digg Submit "16-Month Post-Op Check-In" to del.icio.us Submit "16-Month Post-Op Check-In" to StumbleUpon Submit "16-Month Post-Op Check-In" to Google

Comments

Oh, that baby.....adorable!! And congrats on your maintainance!
    Congrats on your success!! I love hearing how fellow sleevers deal with the day to day challenges!

I remember handing my license to a TSA agent for the first time after losing weight. I was afraid I was going to have a cavity search with all the time she took looking at it. Finally she smiled and said, congratulations on losing so much weight.

Best wishes on your success!!!
    Congrats on your new grandbaby!! What a beautiful baby boy. And all that hair!!
    I think you are doing a great job keeping it all together with so much going on in your life. You are amazing!! I am so sorry you had to postpone your trip to see your partner. I know that stinks. Hang in there hon.
    And oh my on the coffee. I am very sensitive to tastes so there is no way I would have drank that. Sorry it made you sick. That had to suck. Glad you are feeling better now.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    Congrats on your success!! I love hearing how fellow sleevers deal with the day to day challenges!

I remember handing my license to a TSA agent for the first time after losing weight. I was afraid I was going to have a cavity search with all the time she took looking at it. Finally she smiled and said, congratulations on losing so much weight.

Best wishes on your success!!!

That is awesome on the TSA agent. Pretty great feeling, I'm sure!!
    Missed you, Shirl. Good to hear what's going on.

BTW, the DMV doesn't weigh you. You can tell them you weigh anything you want. Trust me -- it's what I did for nearly 50 years.
    Congrats on the baby and the weight loss!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Missed you, Shirl. Good to hear what's going on.

BTW, the DMV doesn't weigh you. You can tell them you weigh anything you want. Trust me -- it's what I did for nearly 50 years.
    Me too! Finally after losing about 50 pounds I weighed what I lied about on my license. Then I lost 25 pounds more.