Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

WannaBeALoser

Vitamins

Rate this Entry
I've never been a vitamin taker because they always seem to make me sick. I recently ordered the Bariactiv vitamins and B12 nasal spray. I have no problem with the spray or the iron tablets, but the D3+Calcium and the multi-vitamin tablets make me feel sick on my stomach. The first time I took them, I made the mistake of chewing them, and it was an exercise in self-control not the throw up. Since then I've been letting them dissolve in my mouth, but even then, I just feel nauseated. I quit taking all but the iron and B12, so we will see how that goes.

Submit "Vitamins" to Digg Submit "Vitamins" to del.icio.us Submit "Vitamins" to StumbleUpon Submit "Vitamins" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Don't stop your vitamins. Keep trying until you find one that agrees with you. My nutritionist recommends Flintstones Complete chewables. You take two a day for an adult dose.
    Yeah, don't do that. Take all your vitamins. Seriously. You really, really need to take those for the rest of your life.

Keep experimenting with your sources until you find ones you can tolerate.

FYI, I get my calcium and D in my multivitamin (Centrum for women) and a chewable chocolate candy, which is delicious. Here's a link ...

https://www.caltrate.com/calcium-sup...0D3-soft-chews

Good luck!
    Thank you both. I think I'm going to go back to my vitamin D capsules. I'll continue the B12 nasal spray and iron tablets. I'll try your suggestions for the calcium and other vitamins.
    I know what you mean about the multi vitamin making you sick. The pills would give me fierce indigestion afterwards. Vitamins are essential, though. Have you tried taking the multi vitamin at night?
    Be sure your Calcium is Calcium Citrate, at least that's what my nut says. It's a little more difficult to find in chewable, I used the Building Blocks chewable early on, now I just get the tablets at Walmart.

Here's what I take at 4 years out:

1. Calcium Citrate
    2. Bariatric Multi Vitamin (When nut heard I had switched to over-the-counter she freaked! Said no iron.) I take ProCareHealth, used to use the chewable, now their capsules.
    3. Vitamin D
    I use the vitamin patches from PatchMD.com Just stick them on like a bandaid and the vitamins absorb directly without swallowing them. I didn't think they would work, but I tried them since I have trouble taking pills, gummys, or chews, but I do notice a difference in energy on days I wear them vs. days I don't.