Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Party Like It's MY Birthday-NO MORE BP MEDS!!-Karaoke Time-Sick

Rate this Entry
It's my birthday!! The big 44!! And I look and feel freaking AWESOME!! Who knew I would feel so HOT in my 40's?? Oh thank you my fabulous sleeve. So yesterday I had my follow up appointment with my surgeon. He was so happy with my results and they asked if I would consider being included on their website. He also said that he was impressed by how good my skin looked and said, "You don't even look like a weight loss surgery patient." This made me giggle a bit. He said I was very toned. I attributed a lot of it to good diet and my focus always remaining quality protein and veggies first. And lots of fluids. Also, I got there and had no copay as apparently I had a credit. Score.
Went to my other appointment with my PCP. Drum roll please......I am FINALLY off my BP meds. It took me 10 1/2 months. I was starting to worry as so many other sleevers get off after just a few months. So I was thrilled to learn that I could finally discontinue them. He wants me to continue to monitor at home and come back in 6 months for follow up. He also said if I see that it goes up to come in for an earlier follow up but he feels like it is not going to be an issue. And once again, I had a credit on my account so did not have to pay a copay for my appointment. Another score.
Decided to get a coffee before going to the HS football game and had my free birthday reward from Starbucks. Another score!! And then at the game, I was worried our team would lose as we were playing a team that always dominates us but we won!! 42-30. I had been trying to prep my daughter that they may lose because she can get really emotional and then they won. So I felt like it was definitely a lucky day for me.
The only bad thing is I have been sick the past few days. First time I have been sick since I have had my sleeve. I have a wicked head cold. A cough (minor), stuffy head, headache, stuff nose that alternates with a runny nose. Ugh. And tonight I have a karaoke party with my friends for my birthday. So I guess I will be singing the male songs since my voice is lower. LOL. I am not going to let this cold bring me down. Going to have my new little black dress on and cannot wait to post pictures!
And I have one more test for book 3 of my professional designation and I will get that done tomorrow and then be able to start book 4...the last one!! Gah! So excited that I have been successful at completing this so quickly! I am so type A and once I put my mind to something there is no stopping me. Look out world!!

Submit "Party Like It's MY Birthday-NO MORE BP MEDS!!-Karaoke Time-Sick" to Digg Submit "Party Like It's MY Birthday-NO MORE BP MEDS!!-Karaoke Time-Sick" to del.icio.us Submit "Party Like It's MY Birthday-NO MORE BP MEDS!!-Karaoke Time-Sick" to StumbleUpon Submit "Party Like It's MY Birthday-NO MORE BP MEDS!!-Karaoke Time-Sick" to Google

Comments

Awesome!!! Sounds like the best birthday ever!!
    Christie, you are on a ROLL! A big fat positive ROLL! Congrats on all your wonderful WLS wins and your great checkup. And all the free services.

Have you bought a Powerball ticket for tonight?

BTW, I'm betting you don't have a cold, but a brutal allergy reaction. The goldenrod around here is horrific right now.

And of course, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Happy Birthday! My docs made me think I would be able to stop BP meds almost immediately, and that didn't happen. As with many things, I'm learning to listen to my body and forget what everyone told me....it's like having a baby, everyone has their story but everyone's journey is different. I do hope to get off my BP med eventually, but so far, my blood pressure is still up if I don't take it.
    You are such an inspiration to me.....(fellow shortie!)

YOU LOOK FANTASTIC - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by astallons
    Awesome!!! Sounds like the best birthday ever!!

It was an awesome day!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Christie, you are on a ROLL! A big fat positive ROLL! Congrats on all your wonderful WLS wins and your great checkup. And all the free services.

Have you bought a Powerball ticket for tonight?

BTW, I'm betting you don't have a cold, but a brutal allergy reaction. The goldenrod around here is horrific right now.

And of course, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Yes. I do think it is my allergies. I have been taking the mucinex for sinuses. I totally thought about the power ball the next day. I was on fire on the 15th and did not think about it. Dang it. I so would have won!! LOL. Now we will never know. But I already have won so much I can't complain! Feeling completely blessed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeALoser
    Happy Birthday! My docs made me think I would be able to stop BP meds almost immediately, and that didn't happen. As with many things, I'm learning to listen to my body and forget what everyone told me....it's like having a baby, everyone has their story but everyone's journey is different. I do hope to get off my BP med eventually, but so far, my blood pressure is still up if I don't take it.
    Oh I hear you. I was starting to get a little concerned that I would not ever get off my meds. I mean, I had been in the "healthy" BMI range for quite some time and was still needing it. But it did happen. It will for you...in your time. Keep your head up!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CALI118
    You are such an inspiration to me.....(fellow shortie!)

YOU LOOK FANTASTIC - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Thank you so much!!
    GREAT POST. Filled with inspiration for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadoodle
    GREAT POST. Filled with inspiration for me!
    Thank you! Wishing you much success on your journey!