Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

astallons

I was not prepared for the pain...

Rate this Entry
Surgery was Monday and while in the hospital I did really well. Discharged from hospital today and I wasn't expecting to still be hurting this badly. I am walking to get rid of the gas, but these stomach spasms are really getting to me. I know that this is a phase that I have to endure but I just really wasn't expecting all of this pain. My last surgery was a total hysterectomy (open surgery-not laparoscopic) and I don't remember feeling like this afterwards.

Just getting down on myself, I guess. Things will get better...hopefully!!!

Submit "I was not prepared for the pain..." to Digg Submit "I was not prepared for the pain..." to del.icio.us Submit "I was not prepared for the pain..." to StumbleUpon Submit "I was not prepared for the pain..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It will get better soon! Be kind to yourself and have patience. Those are the two things I tell myself every morning. I'll be thinking of you and hoping for a quick recovery.
    Take it slow and easy moving around. Just try to move frequently. I really pampered myself the first week or so. I had bruises on my side that actually looked like the imprint of a shoe! In no time at all you will feel better and it will be behind you. Just be gentle on yourself. Remember no lifting, pushing, pulling, etc. Good luck!
    The gas pains, oh yes, I remember. It took me about 7 days for them to go away. MOVEMENT HELPS IT GO FASTER. But I have heard some had them up to 2 weeks. Stick in there, they -will- go away. Blessed relief is on the way. Up next: gurgles in your chest so loud they sound like entire orchestra! This will also pass, most likely. But mine lasted 4 weeks. Just some things they don't tell you about pre-op.
    A heating pad helped me a lot. And the sipping, walking, and Prilosec.
    I just had my surgery Tuesday and home Wed night. I am right there with you did not expect these gas pains to be so extreme. I am walking as much as possible and I stopped all the pain meds as they were making me feel worse so just taking children Tylenol and feel much better today.
    I had 3 csections and barely took any narcotic pain meds. I had my sleeve 4 weeks ago today and it was the WORST pain I have ever experienced. I also had terrible nausea and vomiting and had to spend 2 nights in the hospital. I was definitely not prepared for how painful it was! I expected it to be less than a csection but it was so much worse!
    It makes me feel better that I was not alone in not expecting the pain to be this intense. I am at 12 days post op and starting to feel better. I had stopped my pain meds previously but then I pulled a stitch and had to go back on them. I went to the Dr on Thursday. He said I have lost 15 pounds!!! I kinda expected to lose a little more than that but I am happy with the 15. I had my husband measure me last night and all of my measurement were at least an inch lower than what they were before!! I'm so tired of the liquid diet, but thankfully only have a few more days until I can eat soft/puréed foods. (Which I am super excited about!!). I also received the protein powder that I ordered last week. Unjury unflavored protein powder...here's to hoping that it actually doesn't have a flavor!!

Any suggestions for food during this soft/puréed phase? Someone suggested chicken and hummus blended together.