Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Another Pound Down-95 lbs lost-Running Like I Don't Care-Shake it Off!

Rate this Entry
Wow. I lost another pound. I am eating quite a bit so I was shocked when the scale went down again. I go to see my surgeon on the 15th of September. I will be 10 1/2 months post op. I am excited to see my surgeon and his staff. I have not been there since March, I think. I don't really like going out to his office because it is far. But I like seeing them, if that makes sense. I will have one more visit on my 1 year anniversary and then I will not go back unless I have issues. I have been blessed to not have any issues.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	112.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	191.3 KB 
ID:	27046
Speaking of issues, the constipation is no longer an issue. I have been regular. I am so glad that is behind me. Haha. No pun intended.
So I run in either short shorts or running skirts. Let's face it, running is when you notice my saggy skin the most on my thighs. I run in my subdivision and it is pretty busy when I run. People driving home, kids out on bikes, walkers, runners, you name it. And the funny thing is that I don't really care if they see my skin shake. I look at it as a badge of honor. How far I have come. I mean, I have lost 95 freaking pounds. I have some loose skin. But I am out there running and at a pretty good pace. I am strong. I am happy. I am fierce...and I will not let some loose skin take all that away. So swing on thigh skin, swing on. You don't bother me one bit. I am not embarrassed or ashamed of you.
Happy Monday sleevers!

Submit "Another Pound Down-95 lbs lost-Running Like I Don't Care-Shake it Off!" to Digg Submit "Another Pound Down-95 lbs lost-Running Like I Don't Care-Shake it Off!" to del.icio.us Submit "Another Pound Down-95 lbs lost-Running Like I Don't Care-Shake it Off!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Another Pound Down-95 lbs lost-Running Like I Don't Care-Shake it Off!" to Google

Comments

Way to go Christie! We should all have your positive attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda51
    Way to go Christie! We should all have your positive attitude.
    I have really found a new confidence and love for myself with this surgery. Am I perfect? Nope. Will I ever be? Nope. But I really do love the new me and my tool is my new best friend. LOL. I am going to embrace all of me...sags and all. And if someone does not like it....too bad. I will no longer make apologies for who I am or let anyone make me feel bad about it. C'est la vie. That's life!!
    That is awesome! I am down 118 pounds and at goal. I have really wanted to start running but the thigh skin and saggy boobs have been stopping me! I'm gonna go for it now! Thank you for your post!

Julie
    Quote Originally Posted by julie2016
    That is awesome! I am down 118 pounds and at goal. I have really wanted to start running but the thigh skin and saggy boobs have been stopping me! I'm gonna go for it now! Thank you for your post!

Julie
    You are welcome Julie!! I really feel this way. I know some people look but you know when they have been in my shoes they can judge. I am fabulous and they do not have to look!! I love the confidence I have now from my sleeve. I am a brand new person and I LOVE IT!!! Get your run on! If you are just starting I recommend downloading C25K by Zenlabs. I had gotten my app free. It will ease you into running. It totally works. I had even used it when I was heavy and was able to build up my running!! Good luck!
    Christie, I adore all your comments here. You are beautiful in every way. Perfection!
    Congratulations! You look amazing! I am still at 94 pounds lost.... 95 is my 'goal' loss. either way, I am thrilled.

I KNOW what you mean about the saggy skin. I wear bike shorts to Zumba because I am a hot person, I can't wear capris like others choose to wear. I have always had a furnace burining in me for as long as I can remember. It's just TOO dang HOT for capris or leggings. So some of my thigh skin shakes and you know what? I don't care! My upper arms are a jiggle fest and they DO bug me a bit, but not enough to wear a long sleeve shirt. We sleevers have gone through A LOT and I am proud of my hard work.

And your hard work has paid off too! Looking good Christie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Christie, I adore all your comments here. You are beautiful in every way. Perfection!
    Thanks a lot Ann!! Coming from someone as amazing as you I take that as a HUGE compliment!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGal
    Congratulations! You look amazing! I am still at 94 pounds lost.... 95 is my 'goal' loss. either way, I am thrilled.

I KNOW what you mean about the saggy skin. I wear bike shorts to Zumba because I am a hot person, I can't wear capris like others choose to wear. I have always had a furnace burining in me for as long as I can remember. It's just TOO dang HOT for capris or leggings. So some of my thigh skin shakes and you know what? I don't care! My upper arms are a jiggle fest and they DO bug me a bit, but not enough to wear a long sleeve shirt. We sleevers have gone through A LOT and I am proud of my hard work.

And your hard work has paid off too! Looking good Christie!

Yes!!! Yes!! YES!!!!! Embrace it!! We have worked hard and we should embrace it all. The good, the bad, the ugly. I will take this sag over the fat any day of the week!!! Roar woman!!! Let me hear your fierce ROAR!!! And never stop getting enjoying your Zumba....DANCE LIKE NO ONE IS WATCHING!
    Your posts are always very encouraging to me. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeALoser
    Your posts are always very encouraging to me. Thanks for sharing.
    Aw thanks!! If I can be the person that helps someone have a better life because they decide to get their sleeve that makes me happy. I know that this surgery totally changed my life. So thankful!