View RSS Feed

astallons

Vacation while pre-op dieting

Rate this Entry
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5549.JPG 
Views:	261 
Size:	453.7 KB 
ID:	27033Click image for larger version. 

ID:	27033My son is an avid baseball player, so for Christmas last year we got him tickets to see the New York Mets (his fave team) play Cincinnati in Cincinnati. Well the game was last Thursday so we planned a mini vacation and then came back home and went camping. All of this while I was on pre-op diet. It wasn't easy, especially since I am a concession stand food junkie, but I did it! I haven't weighed myself since the night before my diet began and recently found out that my scale is broke. (It won't set back to zero after weighing on it no matter how many times you reset it.) So I'm not sure if my pre op weight is right. But I can tell small changes...my hands seem slimmer and I think my face looks thinner too. I go to the doctor for pre surgery testing on Thursday so I will just go by that weight.

Other small changes I have noticed...I was going to grab a water for my daughter at the game and I jogged up the bleacher stairs and was not out of breath at the top!!! Never did that before!!!

The game was awesome, but I enjoyed seeing my son's reaction to his first MLB game the most. (I'll try to post a few pictures) Camping was very relaxing and we couldn't have had better weather!!! Great way to spend a long weekend!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5546.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	27032Click image for larger version. 

ID:	27033Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5546.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	27032

Submit "Vacation while pre-op dieting" to Digg Submit "Vacation while pre-op dieting" to del.icio.us Submit "Vacation while pre-op dieting" to StumbleUpon Submit "Vacation while pre-op dieting" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Well, somehow I managed to insert duplicates of the pictures...I'm not very technologically advanced!! Lol!!
    You are doing great!!! The pre-op is important and it looks like you are learning one of the most important lessons "sleeved".... enjoy what you are doing, enjoy the people that you are with and take the focus off the food. So many of us have focused on food all of our lives. Every event and emotion was tied up into food. Now sleeved (and pre-sleeved) you start to shift. It is such an amazing thing. You won't look back!

Best of luck to you! Your pictures are great!!!! xo
    You did awesome! Pre op diet is not easy when you got all that life going on!! Way to go. Proud of you!!
    I agree with Christie -- you rocked that trip with your A+ Self Care.

IMHO, self care is a huge part of the success formula. Along with a sense of humor, always remembering WHY you had WLS and what you don't want to go back to, and being willing to find what works best for you and sticking with it. Until it doesn't work and then conducting a little "science" to find what NOW works better.

Honestly, as tough as WLS sounds it's really pretty simple.